POSITION OBJECTIVE: To be a fully contributing member of the Interactive Department team by creating engaging content for radio station websites, assist in creating graphics and web banners, and helping the Interactive department increase online traffic to Simmons web properties through compelling, informative and share-worthy content including video, audio, blog posts and photos.|
20 Hours per week
Two years proven experience as a blogger, writer or journalist.
Able to write energetic and share-worthy blog posts for each station website that appeal to the station’s specific demographic. A writing audition may be required.
Self-starter capable of creating and managing deadlines, working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment, and being able to prove the value of your contributions.
Have the ability to organize and motivate other people in order to communicate station events, interviews and concerts from conception to completion.
Have the proven record of dependability, and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, and manage stress.
Work in compliance with company procedures and policies.
Able to receive and schedule digital advertisements, including ads for streaming audio, video and website banners.
Consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including holidays, weekends, overnight, overtime, evenings, etc.
Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with clients, management and staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED
Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Flash and Apple products.
Familiarity with Wordpress, Android/iOS, iMovie, SEO, content marketing, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office.
Familiarity with digital advertising, including Google Doubleclick for Publishers and Google AdSense.
1. Assume primary responsibility of weekly blog posts for each of Simmons radio station websites, including x96.com, rewind1007.com, mix1079fm.com, u92online.com, and 1015theeagle.com. Responsibility may include blog posts and ghostwriting for other websites.
2. Meet regular deadlines.
3. Create content calendar for each station website, using best practices in content marketing.
4. Produce an attractive product by utilizing fresh approaches to diverse content, including video, photography, audio and text.
5. Conceptualize each piece of content, and assign tasks as needed to ensure quality content is being produced.
6. Write and edit copy, headlines, social media posts that are accurate, timely, clear and interesting to entice the website visitors to interact with the website.
7. Work with Interactive Director on a variety of initiatives, including the scheduling and placement of audio, video and website advertising.
8. Help Creative Director with projects as needed, including the design and creation of graphics and banner ads.
Lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Ability to extend arm(s) and hand(s) in any direction, with good hand and eye coordination.
Substantial movements (motions) of the hands, fingers and/or wrists.
Receive, process and maintain information through written and/or oral communication.
Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Simmons Media Group - 30+ days ago