Job Title Digital Media and Content Generation Specialist/CVB Sales Representative Type Exempt Min Salary 48332.00 Max Salary 72498.00 Who May Apply Open - All Interested Applicants Dept Desc/Tasks Digital Media and Content Generation Specialist
$48,332 - $72,498 + Excellent Benefits
Pinellas County's Convention and Visitors Bureau, dba “Visit St Pete/Clearwater,” is looking for a highly experienced writer and new media specialist to join our Media and Communications team. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable and intimate working knowledge of all applicable new and social media platforms---including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc., as well as, direct experience in curating content, overseeing development and creating a strategic vision for all digital outreaches of a robust online community. The ability to write clear, concise copy and work on multiple projects simultaneously is a must, as is a working knowledge of basic HTML, website/blog design and database management. Spanish language proficiency, familiarity with the greater St. Pete/Clearwater area and experience in the destination marketing industry are preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in a media or writing related field of study, plus four years of hands-on experience in writing, developing and implementing new-media and digital strategies; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
In addition to these qualifications, a working knowledge of basic HTML, website/blog design, and database management, is also necessary, as is the ability to write clear, concise copy and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Selection Procedure All interested candidates must complete an application. If your employment application does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form. Recruitment # 1300250A1 Close Date
- Highly experienced writing skills to create content for a variety of outlets, from websites to press releases, articles and more.
- Expertise and experience in a variety of new/social/digital media platforms, experience in creating a functional cross-platform social media strategy.
- Skilled in creation of web videos and photos.
- Skilled in the use of graphical and video editing software.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as necessary; occasional travel required as well.
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferable, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in the destination marketing industry preferred.
- Familiarization with the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area preferred.
Pinellas County, FL - 24 months ago