Warner Music Group Description: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The Digital Media & E-Commerce team at Atlantic Records is responsible for all digital marketing, digital product development and direct to consumer initiatives for all of the artists (urban, rock and pop) on the roster. They build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. They create and market content through the Atlantic Artist.com Network, grassroots marketing, and develop new products for the artist superfans. The department is structured as a boutique digital agency within the label, with the ability to implement groundbreaking digital campaigns from strategy to complete execution and analysis; it is a unique team within an entertainment company, focused on artist brands.
High Level Job Description : The Digital Producer/Project Manager is the point person for Digital Media web production requests. Manage and traffic all requests to the appropriate web designers, developers, or 3 rd -party vendors, with the goal of creating the most creative, usable digital media tools to build the ultimate direct-to-consumer experience for our artists and fans. The ideal candidate is interested in the intersection between consumer online behavior, music and technology. This person reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out, and has a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue. They live on social media, lifestyle blogs, and discover new music in interesting ways. This is not a traditional project manager position; rather the focus is on the creative application of technology for our artists, from idea to project delivery, working with a team of creative marketing people.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities :
- Project management of artist sites, web applications, mobile-based products, banners and other viral tools.
- Manage artist and label site maintenance including, but not limited to, content updates and graphic changes.
- Manage in-house freelancers and outside vendors.
- Interface with artist management, product managers, and artists to acquire project approval.
- Interface with other departments including Art, Publicity and Marketing to acquire approved materials.
- Manage the distribution of approved media internally and to third parties.
- Organize internal assets including images, and audio and video assets, for department use.
- Create web based promotional tools.
Required Competencies/Skills :
- Create promotional material, such as banner ads, for placement on crucial third-party web sites
Special Requirements/Preferences :
- Understanding of project management methodologies and interactive development
- Experience managing the requirements gathering, design, and build of complex websites and applications
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage many projects at once
- High attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization, across the company
Education Required :
- Expertise in Photoshop and Project Management or Issue Tracking software required; other Adobe products, Wireframing tools a plus.
- Graphic Design or Programming experience a plus
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
- BS in CIS/MIS, Management, Marketing Communications, or similar.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 16 months ago