McGraw-Hill Education (MHE) has an opening for Digital Product Analyst, based in our New York , NY office.
The Digital Product Analyst (DPA) is an integral part of the Product Team and acts as the business owner and voice of the customer for digital products throughout the software development lifecycle - from ideation through launch to operational support. An important part of the DPA’s job is to ensure that the product supports the business unit’s and company’s overall strategy and goals, and that the DPA is in constant communication with product team on developments and planning. The DPA will develop user stories and detailed business requirements for UX, Engineering, and QA. They will analyze customer usage statistics and work with the Product Team to determine how best to use this data to further engage customers and identify/validate needs. The DPA will work on higher education campuses with a range of stakeholders and will collaborate with colleagues to plan and attend symposia, focus groups, and other customer-facing opportunities. The DPA is also responsible for conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for digital products within their disciplines and on global platform features.
Conduct Field Research
- Develop a research plan for each product opportunity
- Conduct Contextual Inquiry style interviews on campus
- Act as an expert for the team with regard to competitive products
Facilitate Sketch Session and Develop Prototypes with Product Team
- Conduct and/or participate in preliminary sketch sessions for early testing of product concepts with the market
- Conceptualize new or improved user task flows
Conduct Needs Analysis
- Work on campus and with Digital Learning Consultants (DLCs), Digital Faculty Consultants (DFCs), instructors, students and Sales Reps to identify and validate customer needs in their disciplines
- Build the business case for key initiatives and features including time to market opportunity
- Work with the Digital Director to ensure opportunity is on roadmap when needs are validated
- Work in conjunction with Product Team, Content Production and Engineering on all system changes and enhancements
Act as Business Owner throughout Product Lifecycle
- Create high level and detailed requirements for UX, Engineering and QA
- Participate in requirements and user story review sessions with UX, Engineering and QA and act as the Business Owner for key decisions
- Manage discipline- or business unit-specific tool development in conjunction with the Central Content and Production teams
- Establish and test production workflows in third party tools
- Train and provide ongoing guidance and documentation to Customer Experience Group (CXG) on new/existing digital content and platform offerings.
- Work with Engineering and CXG to evaluate and resolve content or functionality issues and communicate with key customers as needed
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent software products
- Sophisticated communication skills (oral/written/presentation)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proven ability to collaborate and influence cross-functional teams
- Experience running customer-based research (e.g. focus groups, usability testing, alpha/beta testing, observational research methodologies such as Contextual Inquiry)
- Experience working with software engineers and QA
- Ability to excel at both high level strategy and tactical execution of projects. Must be detail oriented and thorough when conducting reviews, testing, etc.
- Experience conceptualizing task flows
- Experience with prioritization and project management (from a documentation perspective)
- High level of proficiency with MAC and PC software programs including MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Experience with use case and activity diagram development
- Experience with web analytics or doing own usability tests is a plus
- Experience with rapid prototyping is a plus
- Experience teaching in a college classroom is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of a second language is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in writing software requirements (Product Manager, BA, UX). Level of position will be based on years of experience if applicant exceeds the minimum experience
- Bachelor's Degree
McGraw-Hill Higher Education is a premier provider of print and digital teaching and learning solutions for the post-secondary and higher...