The Dimensional Engineering Analyst-Variation Reduction is responsible for developing and maintaining a list of product and process characteristics for body shops and stamping plants. In this role the successful candidate will recommend the best gauging methods and be responsible for performing data analysis to identify special and common causes of dimensional problems and supporting plants in root cause dimensional issues. This position assists in the development and roll-out of training material, documents case studies and works with cross-functional teams to recommend and evaluate corrective action. The role also includes production Cp/Cpk improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Experience/knowledge in basic statistics and process control in a production environment, strong grasp of SPC concepts
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong background in problem solving and application of problem solving tools
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Proficiency in GD&T and good grasp of datum schemes preferred
- MS Excel proficiency, knowledge of SPC or DOE packages preferred
Chrysler - 11 months ago
Chrysler hopes its crisis remains in its rearview mirror. After engineering an automotive resurrection by choosing a back-to-basics alliance...