Prepares meals and provides residents with quality care by implementing menus; controlling food preparation and sanitation in all areas of dining service; supervising residents during meal time and assisting with menu selection.
Essential Job Results:
1. Establishes a compassionate environment by
· Providing support with a friendly and caring approach to residents, friends, families, and staff
· Identifying and respecting that each resident is a unique individual and providing resident-driven, person-centered service
· Encouraging, engaging in and facilitation person-centered meal time activities and recreation with the goal of resident life enrichment
2. Assures quality of care by
· Reporting concerns and/or changes in resident’s physical, psychological and social conditions observed during meal times to the RD and/or RN
· Suggesting alternatives to meals, and providing options for residents to ensure person-centered care
· Anticipating resident-specific needs based on established rapport and resident meal patterns
3. Conforms with requirements of the compliance program by
· Understanding and adhering to The Admiral’s compliance program and policies as they appear in the Code of Conduct and other compliance policies
· Reviewing and signing the Code of Conduct annually
· Attending corporate compliance education annually
4. Assists with all meals by:
· Ensuring food is fresh and of the highest quality
· Displaying all food attractively, garnished, and correctly
· Making items to order following ala carte menu
· Preparing meals for residents while following outlined dietary restrictions and modifications
· Assisting residents with meal selection while following guidelines for specialized diets
5. Coordinates and prepares for the meal service by:
· Following the production sheet and preparing all foods as stated on the Production Sheet including those needed for specialized diets
· Ensuring fresh food is ready for residents
· Using good timing skills to ensure that foods are finished to the closest serving time.
· Ensuring that kitchen and dining room are stocked with all items necessary for service
6. Maintains department sanitation by:
· Completing all scheduled sanitation duties including daily, weekly and after meal service and as assigned by RD or Executive Chef
· Monitoring cleaning and closing procedures before clocking out
· Monitoring sanitation duties, vacuuming floors, properly resetting kitchen and dining room for morning meal
· Adhering to all department sanitation and safety control policies including washing hands often throughout shift, wearing gloves when handling foods, properly labeling and dating all foods.
· Recording food temperatures in the Kitchen Temperature Log Book at the beginning of the meal, middle of the meal and at the end of the meal.
7. Contributes to the tone and team effort of the department by:
· Maintaining a cheerful, helpful and courteous attitude at all times
· Safely operating kitchen equipment
· Assisting in all areas of the department as needed
· Performing other duties and assignments as assigned
8. Conforms with the requirements of the compliance program by:
· Understanding and adhering to The Admiral’s Compliance Program and Policies as they appear in the Code of Conduct and other compliance policies, annually acknowledges review of the Code of Conduct by signature, annually attends corporate compliance education.
Must have 1 year cooking experience. Must be capable of obtaining a ServSafe Certification, Chicago Food Handlers Permit and CPR certification. Must be familiar with the Production Sheets and Standardized Recipes.
Must be able to lift weights of up to 60 pounds. Stands, walks most of the day.
Working Conditions: Wet floors. Chopping, grinding, and cutting equipment. Sharp knives, hot pots, pans, racks, water, food items, cleaning chemicals.
The Admiral at the Lake - 15 months ago