To develop, coordinate and implement programs and services for residents with cognitive impairment; to provide a therapeutic environment that maintains each residents highest level of physical, social and psychological well-being.Bachelors Degree in social work, psychology, gerontology or therapeutic recreation with at least two (2) years' geriatric care experience, preferably having expertise in Alzheimer's and related dementias to meet State licensure requirements and demonstrate requisite knowledge, skills and abilities consistent with the duties and responsibilities of this position. May be eligible to hire non-degreed individuals with at least 5 years direct resident experience.All preference should be given to hiring an individual with an advanced degree. If there are no applicants with this qualification, the facility may consider hiring a person with a bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, gerontology, nursing or therapeutic recreation with at least five (5) years of direct geriatric practice.Must have basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company software.Must be articulate and personable as well as be able to relate professionally and positively to residents, physicians, government regulators, incoming visitors and associates at all levels.Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam, if required. This requirement includes criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
As a Director of Alzheimer Care at Golden LivingCenters, we will count on you for the direction and business results of our healthcare facilities. As part of your responsibilities, you'll oversee and lead various operations. You will promote an environment that fosters creative thinking, problem solving and empowerment and hire a qualified executive staff to assist in your efforts. All your hard work will help create a respectful and empowering environment for our patients. You will also orient new staff and participate in recruitment and selection to help us build the best and most capable staff possible. Join our team in this highly valued and essential position as a Director of Alzheimer Care and make a golden difference.
We are seeking qualified individuals who will never cut a corner to ensure customer satisfaction. If you are compassionate about quality care and have relevant management experience, then this may be just the opportunity for you. Ideal Director of Alzheimer Care candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply Administration
Facility Support Services
* Master's or Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, gerontology, nursing, or therapeutic recreation with at least two (2) years' geriatric care experience, preferably having expertise in Alzheimer's and related dementias to meet State licensure requirements and demonstrate requisite knowledge, skills and abilities consistent with the duties and responsibilities of this position
* All preference should be given to hiring an individual with an advanced degree. May be eligible to hire non-degreed individuals with at least 5 years direct resident experience
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
* Must be able to relate professionally and positively to facility staff and to work cooperatively with employees at all levels and to represent the facility to the community
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels
Ready to deliver personalized, patient-centered care and build meaningful relationships with your patients and families? You'll find the perfect home for your passion and talents at Golden LivingCenters. As one of the nation's leading providers of skilled nursing care and inpatient and outpatient therapies, we're dedicated to helping people live fuller, longer and more productive lives. Our Golden LivingCenters have won more AHCA/NCAL Quality Awards than any other post-acute healthcare provider. These awards are the nation's highest for distinguished achievement in post-acute care, and they reflect the compassion, commitment and quality orientation of our caregivers. Join us! Together, we're redefining the way care is delivered with an innovative, holistic approach that considers the 'whole patient' every time.
720 East Kings Road
Golden Living Centers - 9 months ago
Every aspect of every Golden LivingCenter and Community is focused on the patients and residents we serve. That means you have the resources...