High School Diploma/GED
Under the direction of the Administrator and/or Executive Director in cooperation and collaboration with the Community Life Team will oversee and manage the Community Life Department. The Director will proactively identify, develop and execute solutions to promote the physical, mental, psychosocial well being of each resident.
Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or appropriate by management.
* Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the mission, vision, and values of Trinity Health in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
* Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the community. Actively participates / intervenes with direct care as needed and as a role model in ongoing Sanctuary Training of personnel.
* Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
* Establish and/or maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the Community Life Department.
* Manage department, direct reports and volunteers (when applicable) to create and implement a comprehensive activity plan to enhance resident and family satisfaction. Support person-centered-care through an aggressive and personalized community life program designed to support staff in Sanctuaries.
* Maintain department budget, place orders for equipment and supplies.
* Determine departmental staffing requirements and assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of personnel for the Community or Department.
* Monitor department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel (if applicable), work assignments, etc., to ensure proper workflow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours.
* Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring attention.
* Participate in facility surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
* Provides Leadership and guidance to Resident Counsel where applicable.
* Creation and implement a comprehensive Community Life program to meet the needs and interests of the elders in all areas of the community.
* Interview elders/families in a private setting to obtain life history information in order to plan meaningful and relevant objectives for the resident, involving the resident/family in planning whenever possible.
* Participate in discharge planning; development and implementation of activity care plans and resident assessments.
* Observe elders’ attendance, mood, behavior and involvement so that department activities and resident progress is evaluated, by reporting, noting and charting involvement.
* Proactively identify solutions to resident/family concerns and make recommendations for improvement. Lead change to embrace Community Life enrichment.
* Review complaints and grievances made by the residents and make a written/oral report to the Administrator/Executive Director indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance.
* Collaborate with Director of Hospitality and other Inter Disciplinary Team members to coordinate activities.
* Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
* May be asked to transport residents in a company vehicle to and from appointments, shopping, etc.
* Report occupational exposures of blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
* Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
* Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be a qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who is licensed by the State in which practicing; and is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or as an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990; or has 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or is a qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant; or has completed a training course approved by the State.
* Must have a Chauffeur’s license to be able to obtain one within 3 months of hire to transport residents in a company vehicle.
* Must be knowledgeable of regulations and guidelines as they pertain to long-term care.
* Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
* Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
* Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users.
* Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
* Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system in PC LAN environment. Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
* Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
* Position requires minimal travel (less than 10%) within the Community’s geographic region and to home office in
- 20 months ago - save job