First date of posting: 1/28/13
Last date of posting: 2/18/13
Location: 3300 Northern Blvd,. LIC
Reports To: Standards and Compliance Officer
Hours of Work: As Required
Salary Range: $80,900 - $127,800 (Grade C)
This position is accountable for taking an active role and assists the Standards and Compliance Officer to remove or minimize the risk associated with vehicle investment through improvements in efficiency, productivity and overall costs. The incumbent is responsible for managing the daily oversight and monitoring of multiple contractors who are contractually required to perform preventative maintenance and operating repairs on an assigned fleet of approximately 2,000 Paratransit vehicles. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the development of vehicle specifications and a vendor/vehicle inspection program that supports acquiring an optimal fleet for paratransit service delivery. The incumbent participates as a consultant on the selection by contractors of key maintenance personnel and assists with the development of maintenance policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
1. A baccalaureate degree in Transportation Management, Engineering, Business or a related field; and
2. Ten (10) years of related experience, four (4) years of which must have been in a supervisory or managerial level; or
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the provisions of the ADA.
- Transportation experience at NYC Transit or another large public transit agency.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Paratransit Operations.
- Extensive experience with vehicle maintenance in fleets of 50 or more vehicles.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience and interview.
All selected candidates will be subject to a full background investigation that includes employment and education. Discrepancies may lead to dismissal.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your user name and password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a user name and password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Filing a resume for a candidate under the alias of another applicant will result in disqualification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
MTA - 13 months ago