The DCP has hands-on responsibility for promoting and enhancing the development of each client, enabling skill acquisition to occur and for assuring the overall health and safety of all clients. A sample of the job duties are as follows:
- Document the progress of each client using approved data collection methods.
- Monitor the activities of clients in order to assure the individual's health and safety is maintained.
- Perform personal care activities with client.
- Perform household cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Assist in the planning of recreational and entertainment activities and accompany clients during such activities.
- Assist in the orientation and training of other staff.
- Maintain accurate records of the expenditure of agency and client funds.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client records and information.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the families of clients, other service providers and the general public.
- Assure the clients environment meets or exceeds established standards for health and safety.
- Provide client medications as assigned.
- Facilitate and/or perform meal planning and meal preparation.
- Facilitate and/or perform shopping and purchasing activities.
- Respond appropriately to immediate or urgent or emergent client needs, such as injuries and illness and provide or obtain assistance as needed.
- Document significant incidents and other client related information on approved forms or in specified logs.
- Report all injuries to the supervisor by the end of the shift on which they occur.
- Report hazardous conditions or other safety and health concerns to the supervisor by the end of the shift on which they are observed.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a driver and be able to drive company vans to transport clients.
- This requires the ability to pass agency insurance requirement and have appropriate personal automobile insurance.
- Must have a valid current Oregon Driver's License.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must have a negative TB test.
- Dependable personal transportation is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds for a total of up to 150 pounds in a two-person lift.
This position requires a pre-employment physical, drug test, and TB test.
Catholic Community Services is an equal opportunity employer which selects, promotes, and transfers employees without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran's status, age, associations, expunged juvenile record, family relationships, disability, sexual orientation or application for Worker's Compensation benefits.
Catholic Community Service of the Mid-Willamette Valley - 16 months ago