POSITION: Direct Care Worker
LOCATION: Kenosha and Kansasville
REPORTS TO: Group Home Program Manager
Essential Job Functions Include :
- Provides regular supervision to residents
- Regularly participates in meal planning, preparation and clean-up
- Routinely assists with household chores, as assigned
- Participates in local outings with residents
- Regularly assists in home management skills such as basic house cleaning, money management or other areas as outlined in the Individual Care Plan
- Participates in the orientation of new residents
- Participates and cooperates with family involvement and answers their questions in a professional manner.
- Monitors all activities to ensure health, safety and individual rights of residents are maintained
- Monitors resident medications, as assigned
- Minor home maintenance (i.e. unclogging toilets, changing light bulbs etc.)
- Regularly documents activities and other notable events during the course of the workday
- Completes anything necessary in order to enable coworkers to succeed
Other Job Functions Include :
- May be required to transport residents utilizing either personal or company vehicle
- Assisting residents with attendance at the church of their choice
- Depending on the specific job location other care giving duties may be assigned
- Attend Training as assigned
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Computer experience including Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
VALID driver's license with NO DUI/OUI charges within last 5 years.
High School Diploma plus one year of successful work experience.
Ability to drive to Milwaukee for interview and up to 2-3 weeks of paid training.
Reliable transportation, reliable childcare (if applicable) and reliable attendance.
Physical Demands :
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to remain awake at all times while on shift
CNA license preferred, but not required.
All employees must complete the following CBRF certified trainings:
Resident Rights, Challenging Behaviors, Universal Precautions, Client Group Specifics,
Medication Administration, Dietary Needs, First Aid & Choking, Fire Safety, ISP/Needs,
and Van Driving.
If you are not currently CBRF certified we will pay for trainings and pay for you to attend trainings. All trainings will be held in Downtown Milwaukee. You must commit to attend all of the classes listed above. The training facility IS NOT on the Coach bus route and you will need your own reliable transportation to get to class.
Volunteers of America - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
At Volunteers of America, we are more than a nonprofit organization. We are a ministry of service that includes nearly 16,000 paid,...