**APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH MARCH 29, 2013**
Suddenlink’s Outside Sales Top Earners make 80K+ per year! Base plus great benefits include 401k and discounted Video, Internet, and Phone service. Suddenlink is looking for strong, self-starting personalities driven to win. Compensation has no limit! Suddenlink is hiring to fill Outside Sales positions! Represent a GREAT organization with Best-in-Class products and service. Begin a great career with Suddenlink today!
Area: Eureka, CA-West Region
Classification: Full Time/Benefited/Exempt
Pay Range: $320/week base pay + commissions
Under general or direct supervision, this outside sales position sells cable television and auxiliary services to new or existing customers within assigned territory to ensure that the goals for new customer penetration and penetration lift are met within assigned areas.
• Acquires new customers and upgrades current customers by conducting door-to-door canvass, appointment or referral solicitation in assigned territory.
• Prepares and executes customer sales application, arranging for installation date, and/or collecting and remitting revenues as prescribed.
• Upgrades and improves sales presentation, knowledge of products, services and rates, as required.
• Systematically reviews assigned territory to ensure all dwelling units are contacted on a prescribed and periodic basis.
• Maintains required record keeping and reporting of all sales and service activities.
• Acquires new or upgrades customers by solicitation by direct contact, or at special events (street-fairs, shopping malls, lobby demonstrations), as required.
• Contacts customers for pending disconnects, change of service or follow-up on installations.
• Attends sales meetings and training sessions, as required, which may require travel
• Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to read, write and effectively communicate orally in person and by telephone
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Ability to perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands and fingers to use a PC keyboard calculator, fax and other standard office machines
• Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
• Ability to bend, reach, and twist
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• College degree preferred
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task effectively required
• Ability to work independently and with others required
• Appropriate valid driver’s license, driving record within Company standards and auto insurance (if applicable) may be required as business need dictates (referenced in the Suddenlink Safety Practices Manual)
• Reliable transportation required
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate equipment/software required
• Ability to comply with all Suddenlink implemented safety procedures required
• Skill in using a Windows-based computer required
• Knowledge of basic mathematics required
• Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Exposure to typical office environment
• Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...