Status: Full-time Part-timeLocation: Kokomo|
Hourly wage: $8.25
Provide support to a designated person. Document the major activities of the person served in daily notes. Maintain accurate records of support provided to the person served. Planning and providing instruction in communication skills, daily living skills, socialization skills, fine and gross motor skills, perceptual skills, and any other areas based on programming needs. Responsibly pass or monitor medication administration based on needs of persons served. Plan and participate in all special community based activities for persons served. Actively involve the person served in community events. Monitor physical condition of the person's home while ensuring a safe and sound environment. Use of medical adaptive equipment including, but not limited to: Wheelchair, Hoyer Lift, Shower Chairs, Blood Sugar Testing Equipment is required.
Must be able to care for the physical needs of persons served including feeding, hygiene, and toileting. Must be capable of assisting in physically transferring/moving consumers when needed. Physical activities may include but not be limited to: lifting up 25-50 pounds (depending on person served); bending; reaching; stretching; grasping; visual acuity; walking; squatting, guiding; and transporting. Provide first aid and physical assistance to the individual as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPR and first aid certification annually and perform as necessary.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPI certification annually and perform as necessary.
- Possess and maintain a clear criminal record per Medicaid Waiver regulation requirements.
- Maintain a valid Indiana driver's license, insurance on personal vehicle (minimum of PLPD with Medical liability coverage), and maintain insurability as defined by the agency liability insurance carrier.
- Must possess and maintain reliable transportation that meets state requirements for transporting persons served.