Infinity Pharmaceuticals is currently seeking a Director/Associate Director who will work closely with the Vice President of Marketing and New Product Planning Associate Directors/Sr. Managers and Product development teams on a variety of new product planning, market research and analytics activities across Infinity’s portfolio of products. Candidates should be able to operate independently and the ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively build and manage the Market Research function and team.
Candidate should be able to develop market research and analytic strategy and recommended plan based on key program strategy and development phase. Must have experience across all phases of development from early stage through commercialization. Candidate must have the ability to clearly formulate and frame research questions and employ the proper research techniques and tools to develop market insights. Must also be able to synthesis and communicate actionable recommendations from market research and market data analyses.
Key to the candidate’s success will be a highly integrated approach that brings true market insights to the discovery, development and delivery of our drugs. The ideal candidate will identify and conduct strategic marketing projects such as building preliminary forecasting models to quantify product opportunity, analyzing targeted markets to determine current and future treatment paradigms, assessing the competitive landscape and potential product positioning options. The individual will ensure Infinity maintains a highly informed, current, and comprehensive perspective on the key market dynamics and emerging trends in the field of oncology on a global basis and has the ability to recommend sound competitive strategies and plans based on keen market insights and relevant market research.
- Develop and lead an effective Market Research and Analytic function.
- Perform primary and secondary market research, analyze data and integrate into the decision making process.
- Conduct and synthesize qualitative and quantitative market research including product and market opportunities, market sizing, competitive entry, product positioning and early messaging, branding, and message development and testing.
- Perform market and indication market commercial analyses to support indication selection and trial design.
- Support Product Development Teams (PDTs) decision making by analyzing primary and secondary market research and providing conclusions.
- Develop thorough understanding of key product markets, create market and forecast assumptions, build and refine product forecasts.
- Forge strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
- Monitor competitive environment and maintain current competitive intelligence. Monitoring will consist of reviewing scientific and industry publications, internet searches, technical journals etc.
- Develop process and infrastructure for collection and dissemination of intelligence (market, competitor and customer) across organization.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s values, corporate directives, government and industry regulations and guidance.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of experience from the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is required. An MBA is preferred and a degree in a scientific discipline is a plus.
- Ability to build and lead the Market Research function.
- Significant previous market research experience (quantify?) is required leading Market Research and Analytics for products from early stage launch and post launch.
- Must have a solid understanding of key marketing and market research principles.
- Experience building and refining product forecast models desired.
- Oncology experience is strongly preferred. Specialty experience is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong market research, product marketing and/or new product planning experience with proven ability to analyze data, develop various models and the ability to think strategically.
- Market research experience and familiarity with secondary research and data bases to analyze markets is necessary.
- Successful experience working with a variety of marketing related vendors and consultants.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of Pharma/Biotech commercial products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.