This is a full-time, twelve-month instructional faculty position responsible to the dean, nursing and health sciences. The duties of the position are as follows:
1. Ability to teach courses and serve as a role model for faculty members in the department.
2. Supervising and evaluating faculty and support staff including observations, reviews, coordinating and tracking professional development, etc.
3. Recruiting screening and facilitating the employment of qualified faculty (full-time and adjunct). Assigning mentors to all new faculty members and ensuring their inclusion in meetings, faculty development activities, and internal processes.
4. Conducting and documenting department meetings regularly to ensure involvement by all faculty members in department activities.
5. Preparing and submitting documentation in a timely manner to meet all applicable deadlines.
6. Serving on college committees as assigned.
7. Scheduling classes and assigning faculty workloads; initiating paperwork for overload and adjunct faculty supplemental agreements.
8. Managing classrooms and labs to ensure equipment is maintained and up-to-date.
9. Advising students in the program.
10. Coordinating with department faculty to plan the budget; practice good stewardship in managing departmental budgets and appropriately documenting expenditures.
11. Recruiting students by supporting and participating in official college recruiting functions, visiting area high schools, and hosting visiting groups.
12. Maintaining student recruitment information e.g.: website and written publications.
13. Overseeing production course syllabi and submitting updates to the Dean's office in a timely manner each semester.
14. Initiating and coordinating formal curriculum development for the PTA Program including course/program changes (C & I Committee process) and program information for the College's Catalog.
15. Coordinating connections with area high school programs and articulation agreements with upper level programs where applicable.
16. Coordinating advisory committee membership and scheduling committee meetings on a timely basis.
17. Serving as chair of the program self-study committee for national programmatic accreditation.
18. Coordinating applicable continuing education opportunities with the School of Continuing Studies.
19. Coordinating students and faculty attending state conferences.
20. Developing rubrics, entering TracDat information, including department minutes, documents, results, use of results, etc. as a part of the assessment process. Reporting IR statistics to pertinent offices and the THECB, if applicable.
21. Representing the College in community events relative to the PTA Program.
22. Coordinating and completing a college program review every 5th year as scheduled in the College Program Review Rationale and Calendar document.
23. Assisting with registration and advisement of new students in the Fall, Spring and Summer.
24. Coordinating enrollment management for The PTA program within departmental responsibility.
25. Assisting in the coordination and implementation of institutional effectiveness activities that are an integral part of the department's operation such as curriculum assessment, course-based assessment, program review, SACS reports, Quality Enhancement Plan and strategic planning.
26. Performing all duties of professors as listed in the current TJC Faculty Handbook and other duties assigned by the dean, nursing and health sciences.
1. Master's degree required.
2. Licensure in Texas as a physical therapist (PT) or a physical therapist assistant (PTA)
3. A minimum of five years clinical experience that includes experience in the PT/PTA relationship.
4. Experience in a variety of areas of teaching (academic, clinical, continuing education, in-service)
5. Experience in educational theory, methodology and instructional design(curricular design, development, implementation and evaluation)
6. Currency in contemporary physical therapy practice.
7. Knowledge of contemporary curricular content for the education of the physical therapist assistant.
8. Three to five years in administration, fiscal management and human resource development.
Tyler Junior College - 12 months ago