The Tax Operation’s Group works with tax departments to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations. You will be joining a select team of FAS109 and technology specialists. These specialists are responsible for the implementation of 3 rd party provision technology platforms and process redesign. In addition, you will have the opportunity to become familiar with a broad scope of provision technology platforms available on the market and will develop subject matter expertise as to the functionality of these tools.
The scope of engagements within the Tax Operation’s Group include: (1) Analysis and design by assisting clients in identifying improvement opportunities through a development of current state with desired future state improvements; (2) Analyze resources by evaluating current tax department roles, responsibilities and skill sets; and (3) process and control improvement by developing and implementing a sustainable, repeatable process for the comprehensive tax life cycle.
We are seeking candidates with strong tax functional knowledge, and the demonstrated ability to apply those principles within technology. To qualify, candidates should have the following minimum requirements:
Additional consideration will be given to those candidates who possess:
- A bachelor's degree in business, accounting or technology (master’s degree preferred)
- CPA license
- 4 to 10 years of related work experience in tax process improvement, FAS109 and/or tax compliance.
- Experience with tax software products such as CORPTax and OneSource Tax Provision (OTP)
- Project management skills
- Basic programming skills – VBA, database, etc...
- Ability to travel approximately 70% of the time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with financial applications (e.g., Hyperion, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- High degree of creativity
Alvarez & Marsal - 22 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...