We have an exciting and challenging position available for a Director/Sr. Manager for Storage Engineering to work on new product development in the Enthusiast Components Business Unit. In this role you will be expected to be a hands-on manager leading a team to execute effectively with a high degree of change and complex trade-offs. You will be responsible for Storage engineering work for Corsair. In this position, you will ensure that all storage products such as SSD, and Voyager Air family of products designed and manufactured by Corsair has world-class performance, reliability, and compatibility, following best practices in design, and that they meet all requirements to ensure seamless transition into mass production. You and your team will perform extensive qualifications of new NAND chips, controllers, and hard drives.
This critical and high visibility position will report to the VP of R&D.
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Effectively plan new projects, communicate schedules, provide risk assessment, and back up plans.
- Lead the development of innovative and best performance products/solutions in storage.
- Participate in design reviews, assess critical activities, and identify risks.
- Evaluate engineering tradeoffs and technology transitions.
- Define and track product development tasks and schedules
- Work effectively with suppliers, and partners in the industry to ensure all products are time-to-market with the latest generation of controllers, NAND, and hard drives
- Ensure that the correct documentation is generated to allow product release and transfer to MP, will work with Product Engineering team to review PVT material and release to production.
- Will work with Product Engineering team to develop assembly instructions (SOP)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have a good understanding of NAND technologies and transitions, and hard drives
- Must have the drive to be competitive, profit driven, and have the energy to deliver.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members worldwide.
- Must be a self-starter that can work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Must have good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum experience/education: Over 10 years, BSEE or equivalent
Reporting to this position:
- Product Development Engineers
Corsair - 10 months ago