Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) – Commercial Due Diligence/Strategy(CDD/Strategy) team in Boston. With more than 2,200 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. A&M PEPI brings an approach to commercial due diligence that generates insights on specific targets or selected industries, and guides private equity professionals in their investment evaluation and underwriting process. The companies we assess are upper middle market in the $50 million to $1 billion plus range.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our PEPI services include:
Merger Integration & Carve-outs
CDD/Strategy is a growing business targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and building leadership skills. The CDD/Strategy leadership team is focused on providing career development, training and exposure to international business assignments.
- Leading the team through a time-sensitive project by structuring a work plan and managing the process through to completion;
- Hands on experience building excel models;
- Developing market findings and strategic recommendations;
- Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts;
- Researching industries or companies that are not necessarily well covered through public information;
- Hands on experience conducting primary research;
- Working with clients directly to implement strategic and operational recommendations
- Strong written and oral skills;
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Structured project management (time, team and work-stream’s management);
- Ability to deliver time-pressured project on-time and on-quality;
- Flexible and creative thinking; and
- Client relationship building.
- Minimum of 3-5 years post-MBA previous professional consulting experience with a recognized strategy consulting firm;
- Recent project experience leading multiple CDD assignments/market studies;
- MBA from a top-tier school;
- Strong written, oral and analytic (number-crunching) skills;
- Flexible and creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Initiative and drive;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Flexibility to travel occasionally;
- Existing PE relationships a PLUS(personal or professional);
- Depth in a particular vertical a PLUS(e.g., energy, healthcare, CPG)
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...