The role is based within the Business Relationship Management group in New York, providing tactical marketing and business development support to the U.S. Corporate Finance analytical team. This experienced and motivated individual will be assigned ownership for planning, leading and executing key aspects of Fitch’s marketing strategy for both banking and private equity capital markets teams in the United States. External dialogue to be focused on senior professionals working within the Leveraged Finance (High Yield and Leveraged Loan) markets.
The candidate will be responsible for managing and developing Fitch’s relationships with constituents that include various teams (for example: origination, coverage, syndication and ratings advisory bankers) at the investment banks. Additionally, similar outreach will be directed at the capital markets and investment professionals with the private equity sponsors. The principal objective will be to generate new Corporate Finance rating mandates through consistent and targeted marketing.
The individual will work closely with Corporate Finance analytical teams to prioritize and execute on outreach activities. They will also receive guidance from senior analytical representatives on calling strategy, to ensure that Fitch’s analytical teams have the opportunity to interact directly with senior bankers across the key institutions on a regular basis.
The candidate will also liaise with other BRM colleagues in New York, as well as, EMEA and APAC to coordinate firm messaging, target lists and assist in the development of cross-border relationships.
This role requires detailed understanding of Corporate Finance and the debt capital markets, ideally gained from an origination or advisory role. An understanding of corporate credit analysis would also
be an advantage. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at a senior level. Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with a successful track record of developing commercial relationship and opportunities.
This role requires a self-starter, skilled in working within an ever-changing and dynamic business environment. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for research, development and presentation of arguments to external parties highlighting factors which differentiate Fitch and its published ratings and research from the competition. Keeping current on market trends and conditions will be essential for the candidate to capitalize on opportunities via a pro-active outreach strategy.
The role may involve some U.S. based travel.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree, preferably in a business-related discipline
- Other professional or business qualification (e.g., Master’s degree, MBA)
- Experience within DCM and Corporate Finance
- Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with a successful track record of developing commercial relationship and opportunities.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- A proven track record to persuade and negotiate effectively
- Able to work independently within a strategic framework while maintaining high work standards and demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and experience with Bloomberg useful
Fitch Ratings - 12 months ago
Because governments can have lousy credit, too, Fitch Ratings issues ratings for some 17,000 banks, financial institutions, insurance...