The Director of Software Engineering for Subsidiary integration will be responsible to improve technology integration between subs and Amazon by identifying bottlenecks, accelerating decoupling and hardening of API’s for use by subs. The Director will lead the integration and system development to allow the subs to use independent Amazon Services. The Director will engage in the acquisition process by evaluating a potential sub’s technology capabilities and will guide a newly acquired sub to build out its technology team as needed. The initial goals will be to ensure that newly acquired inventory-owning subsidiaries are able to integrate their inventory into the Amazon network within 12 months after an acquisition and as appropriate make each subsidiary’s selection available to Amazon.com customers as quickly as possible.
The Subsidiary Integration Director will be responsible to work with each subsidiary to identify the constraints to its growth and identify which Amazon processes or technologies will help them break free of those constraints. The Director will be cognizant to ensure that changes to the underlying business processes or software cannot harm the subsidiary’s customer experience and added value that they provide. The Director will work to create a menu of services for the subsidiaries to give them more choices in how they grow their business and improve the customer experience while leveraging Amazon’s economies of scale. The Director will need to make sure that each subsidiary has the necessary technical resources to make progress in integration.
The Director will own the overall integration roadmap for the subsidiaries that is accepted and signed off by the business teams. The Director will work across Amazon to prioritize the eCommerce and Global Fulfillment Platform decoupling efforts to meet the needs of the subsidiaries. The Director will also set the priorities for the subsidiary integration development team and work with the integration development lead to assign resources for specific integration tasks as well as gain agreement to supplement the resources of other teams to meet the defined goals.
The ideal candidate:
Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and be able to make the right design decisions and technology choices Experience building and managing a team that designs and delivers complex distributed systems that span several departments or functions Understands how to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners Knows how to effectively operate a complex system which must be highly reliable Experience with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering RetailSystemsJobs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience leading small and large organizations (10 – 50+ people)
- (Specific) industry knowledge and experience
- Development expertise in OOP, UNIX, Perl, C++, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
- Congnizant of the end-user/customer experience
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and/or IT projects and initiatives
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline preferred
- Master’s degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
- MBA preferred
- 2+ years as development manager or director preferred
Amazon.com - 17 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...