Plymouth Rock, founded in 1982 by Jim Stone, former Massachusetts Insurance Commissioner, is a privately held insurance company that writes personal and commercial lines of business in the Northeastern United States. Today, Plymouth Rock, with more than $1billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, is comprised of a group of companies that were started or acquired to expand product offerings, channels of distribution, and the geographic footprint. With more than 800,000 policyholders, Plymouth Rock writes insurance through more than 800 independent agents.
The Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
General Purpose of Job:
The Director of Facilies, Administration and Business Continuity is responsible for managing the company’s facilities, disaster recovery and business continuity planning as well as print output and mail center operations. The incumbent serves as the company’s Facilities Director , requiring a deep understanding and proven track record of facilities /lease management, back-office mail imaging operations and large-scale print output operations. The incumbent serves as the company’s Business Continuation Manager (BCM) , responsible for coordinating the company’s response to events resulting in business interruption and maintaining the company’s business continuity plans. The incumbent is expected to manage an extensive list of high-value vendor relationships providing critical goods and services to the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides overall management and support for all of the company’s offices /facilities located in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. This includes overseeing all lease negotiations and leasehold improvement projects that may arise from changing business needs.
• Serves as the company’s Business Continuity Manager (BCM) and oversees the development and maintenance of the company’s business continuity plans.
• Oversees and manages the company’s multi-million dollar print output operations, including all of its critical suppliers and vendors. Ensures expected Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are actively monitored and met.
• Recommends short and long-term space planning strategies to senior leadership that are efficient and cost-effective.
• Forecasts, develops and continually monitors departmental expense budget, constantly looking for opportunities to reduce operating costs.
• Develops cost/benefit models as needed in response to business needs/requests.
• Oversees projects as assigned using established Project Management techniques.
• Develops and installs metrics that continually measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Drives administrative vendor management selection process in adherence to established company best practices. Monitors vendor performance and adherence to negotiated terms & conditions.
• Serves as the company representative on various enterprise teams charged with establishing common metrics and providing forward-thinking recommendations to senior leadership.
• Oversees the company’s centralized mail processing center which serves a vital role in the success of the company by ensuring all in / out-bound mail is processed in an imaged paper-less environment using Scan on Arrival (SOA) and Scan On Demand (SOD) workflow processes.
• Leads a team of Supervisors, Analysts and Technicians.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university. Prior P&C Insurance experience a plus.
• Proven expertise in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and execution.
• Significant strategic facilities management experience.
• Minimum 10 years of related experience and/or training. SME in Vendor Management. Project Management and Business Continuity Planning certification a plus.
Computer Skills and Knowledge:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, MS Project, Visio. Knowledge of imaging and workflow systems and Business Continuity Planning software such as LDRPS™.
This position will require 24x7 availability and access. A company-issued laptop and cell phone will be provided.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation - 19 months ago