The Director of Corporate Accounting is responsible for the accounting and reporting function including full cycle month end and year end close process, reporting and consolidation, US GAAP and IFRS compliance/adjustments, financial statement analysis, special projects as they relate to due diligence, integration, and various corporate initiatives for the entire US subsidiary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Produce US consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis. Ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS accounting, presentation and disclosure requirements. Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies.
- Produce reporting for executive management and the board that details the company’s operations and performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Identify organizational, operational and financial risks. Develop efficient processes to manage those risks as the company continues its growth.
- Enhance accounting and consolidation processes at Corporate and decentralized business units. Develop and implement standardized processes, procedures, and policies that address compliance with US GAAP and IFRS, eliminate unnecessary and redundant information flow, and improve the timeliness and quality of business unit financial information.
- Identify and implement software applications and tools to improve communication throughout the finance team, including communication of deadlines and deliverables, best practices, questions, etc.
- Support external audit process. Prepare lead schedules, flux analysis, supporting documentation.
- Should an opportunity of M&A arise, assist with financial and operational due diligence, manage purchase accounting, support integration efforts.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA highly preferred
- Must have 5-10 years experience in similar role at a $1 billion+ company.
- CPA required
- Public Accounting/Auditing experience required and Big Four experience will be given a preference.
- Strong US GAAP knowledge required and exposure to cost accounting or manufacturing environment highly desirable. IFRS experience highly desirable. Corporation level accounting experience including pension, insurance, leases, intangibles valuation. Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective leader and mentor with the ability to be a solid team player.
- Strategic thinker with a tactical hands-on approach.
- Proactive and self driven with the ability to think creatively within a flexible environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced culture.
- Understands and supports the need for discipline and deadlines in a high growth, rapidly developing organization.
- Superior written, verbal & interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.