Title: Director, I.T. - Data Warehouse / BI Applications.
The director position will be responsible for managing the design, development and support of the data warehouse, reporting and analytics systems. This position requires a hands-on leader who can manage the creation of data models and also play a strategic role by developing the Data Warehouse roadmap. The key areas of responsibilities include:
1. Manage enterprise data warehouse and its roadmap.
2. Lead all data warehouse initiatives and projects.
3. Manage the requirements, creations of data models, technical design, development and testing.
4. Manage Reporting, Analytics and Dashboards for various departments.
5. Interface with the business owners to manage their day-to-day needs and set direction on how IT will support the business needs.
6. Develop and execute operational plans.
7. Establish and maintain relationship with the customers.
1. Strategic Planning
- Gains an understanding of the business operations, strategy and competitive and market trends.
- Assists in developing IT strategy and funding plans in alignment with business needs.
- Balances competing goals of business units and IT with the best interests of the company.
3. Relationship Management
- Develops operational plans and executes those plans.
- Manages staff assignments and deliverables, ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Identifies, evaluates and selects vendor partners, including negotiation of contracts and rates.
- Ensures the technology environment used by the business is current, including updates to and retirement of hardware, software, tools and archival of data.
- Ensures adherence to Fox IT methodologies and standards and industry best practices.
- Serves as an escalation point for customer or other IT Service areas issues and concerns.
- Establishes the structure for supporting applications and the technology in use by their customers.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with customers, internal IT staff and vendors.
- Manages customer expectations, prioritizes project requests and negotiates to resolve problems and issues.
- Oversees all projects in their respective area of responsibility, including timeline, resources, budget, scope, risk, status reporting and customer expectations.
- Oversees and/or manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures capital project initiation documents are complete and projects have a solid business case.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Conducts regular staff meetings and is responsible for disseminating pertinent information to staff.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Disseminates and enforces standards for information technology in the business units.
- Determines staffing needs of the department and projects and works with HR to fill open positions.
- Assists with department overhead and capital financial management, including developing budgets, preparing forecasts and approving expenditures.
- Administers performance appraisals, training, promotions, vacation requests, time tracking and MBO development.
- Expert knowledge of Project and Systems Development Lifecycle Methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehouse project management activities, deliverables and processes.
- Strong understanding of application development technologies using web-enabled and distributed applications.
- Strong knowledge of problem-solving techniques such as root cause analysis.
- Strong knowledge of analysis tools such as R or SAS.
- Accomplished communicator, both in writing and orally, with extremely strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated excellence at working effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and IT personnel.
- Ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability to analyze data to identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Ability to design Data visualization dashboards.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience, 7 years managing projects and systems in Data Warehouse space, with 5+ years managing staff.
- Experience developing and managing departmental overhead and capital budgets.
- Proven track record successfully managing Data Warehouse related projects in a complex, diverse and challenging business and IT environment.
- Proven track record in resource management, including mentoring, coaching and performance management.
- Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling.
- Experience in Designing Dashboards.
- Experience in a Business Intelligence tool like Microstrategy.
- Experience in ETL tools like Informatica.
- Experience in DataWarehouse platforms like Netezza or Teradata.
- Experience in Social Analytics is a plus.
Communication - Mastery
Relationship - Management Mastery
Teamwork - Mastery
Problem Solving - Mastery
Self-Direction - Mastery
Management - Comprehensive
Leadership - Comprehensive
Business - Comprehensive
Technical - Comprehensive
Vendor Management - Comprehensive
Fox Filmed Entertainment
News Corporation's motion picture and television programming operations bring the best in comedy and drama to audiences around the globe. Fox Filmed Entertainment is a global leader in movie production and distribution. Twentieth Century Fox Film is responsible for some of the top grossing movies of all time, including history's most successful movies,
In television production, Twentieth Century Fox Television, together with the Company's other TV studios, produce and distribute some of the world's most popular television programming. The Company's TV studios are leaders in animated series and supply many of the most popular series to each of the major U.S. networks. Visit us at
The position is located in Los Angeles, CA 90064.
today! Join Fox!
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
20th Century Fox - 14 months ago
A recognized global industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company...