The Director of Engineering will develop and implement strategies to reach functional objectives that, in turn, will enable the company to achieve its growth and profit objectives.
The successful candidate will be expected to introduce new production lines into the U.S. system, refine and execute warehouse and packaging automation initiatives, as well as assess and develop action plans for equipment selection and ergonomic improvements. The Director of Engineering will build production capability through a combination of leveraging personal experiences and knowledge with the technology and know-how from the parent company in Mexico.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Build the Engineering function
- Improve plant efficiency through technology
- Explore, evaluate and implement selective new technology
- Manage the Capital Plan
- Establish a roadmap for the Engineering function which fully supports and aligns with the strategic and commercial aspirations of the Company
- Drive technical agenda for the company
- Subject Matter Expert on all key packaging, product, processing & facilities projects
- Provide technical direction and leadership to the Plant Engineers via a dotted line relationship.
- Bring a fresh perspective to addressing engineering challenges
o Project management for machinery, equipment and facilities initiatives
- Dairy industry experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- An advanced degree is highly preferred
- Minimum 12 years of related experience
- Prior experience in developing operational strategies and moving initiatives from idea stage to implementation
- The ability to drive change in an organization by setting a positive example
- Must have a wide range of strategic and operational skills and experience
- Proven track record of strategic thinking to improve operational performance through activities such as:
o Product/packaging innovation
o Quality and throughput improvements
o Improved workstation ergonomics
o Robotics and workflow automation
o Energy and waste reduction
Borden milk has the taste you love and the nutrition you need. Find a store near you and see why Borden is no ordinary milk.