Director - Executive Compensation-13003027
Job Description & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the day to day management of activities associated with American Express’ Executive Compensation & Benefits programs.
The job responsibilities may include:
1. Managing the systems and detailed records of the plans/programs,
2. Responsible for drafting Long Term Incentive Plan communications,
3. Researching compliance related issues associated with the day to day administration activities
4. Proposing solutions to ensure plans are competitive and compliant
5. Interpreting plan provisions, researching plan documents to respond to business and/or participant requests, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
6. Responding to questions from human resource relationship leaders as well as plan participants
7. Coordinating with American Express Finance on the cost and accruals of these programs.
8. Respond to active and retired/terminated executives and their financial counselor to provide specific benefit & compensation data.
9. Assist with preparation and coordination of materials for Compensation Committee Meetings, including supporting documentation
10. Assist in preparation of Company’s annual proxy statement and other public filings
11. Monitor, track and report on legislation, regulations and media articles pertaining to executive pay
12. Market Practices: maintain awareness of practices among competitors and of regulatory and business trends in exec comp
This position will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Executive Compensation on the analysis and communication of these programs.
- This position requires at a minimum a bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Human resources or Accounting
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive human resources related experience required
- At least 8 years of experience in compensation with a focus on executive compensation
- The incumbent should be familiar with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within compensation
- Strong consultative, analytical, communication and PC skills a must. High proficiency in using MS office, especially MS excel and MS PowerPoint is required.
- Finance related experience a plus
Job: Human Resources
- Quick learner
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including ability to conduct group presentations
- Strategic thinking ability with strong financial acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to effectively interact with the Compensation Department, the Corporate Finance Department, the Payroll Operations team, as well as the Senior HR team and other AXP Compensation functions
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...