POSITION: Director-Financial Planning & Analysis
COMPANY: YP Holdings
YP is the largest, most progressive and comprehensive advertising solutions provider to small and medium businesses offering revenue and customer growth through best in class online presence, search optimization, traditional listings and consulting on our overall service portfolio. YP creates local search and advertising products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across online, print and mobile platforms. YP's suite of advertising offerings includes its flagship products YP.com, YP Local Ad Network, the popular YPmobile app and The YP Real Yellow Pages®. YP.com, which attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors, is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web.
YP is seeking an experienced Director-Financial Planning &Analysis in Tucker, GA. This role is a key asset to the future of YP. This individual will spear-head many aspects of the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support business decision making. The position reports to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis.
• Serves as an internal analyst engagement manager working with functional areas (e.g. Sales, Publishing, Marketing, Operations, and Information Technology) as clients. Manages internal analyst teams to deliver management consulting services to help internal clients meet or exceed objectives.
• Manages, coaches, mentors and motivates a high performing team of financial professionals.
• Facilitates cross-functional teams for the purpose of executing strategic courses of action.
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
• Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
• Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools – ability to conceptualize and build financial models
• Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tools and Dashboard reports
• Participate in Monthly Financial close activity providing valuable insight on results and trends, requires controllership of functional areas
• Provide all commentary (MD&A), for external and internal financial reporting
• Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
• Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
• Supporting Senior Management Team and functional leads with in-depth analysis
• Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
• Leads recruiting and organizational development efforts for Financial Planning and Analysis.
• Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting required; MBA or CPA preferred
• 5+ years of work experience (preferably post-MBA) in financial analysis or similar roles demonstrating increasing responsibility
• Expert knowledge and experience working in business intelligence tools: dashboards, Hyperion, KPI, metrics.
• Self-motivated individual with proven project, resource and change management track record. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. High degree of results orientation.
• Effective at managing ambiguity. Ability to operating effectively without having the total picture, as well as be able to effectively pose questions in order to gather information required for decision making
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage cross-functional teams across various functions of a company, and leadership skills in a team environment where teams don’t have a reporting relationship to the individual are required
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate teamwork and manage analytical projects, strong customer focus.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate complex issues to senior management. Demonstrate persuasive written and verbal communication skills and be effective in a variety of presentation settings.
YP℠ is a leading local marketing solutions provider in the U.S. dedicated to helping local businesses and communities grow. YP’s flagship...