POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of the Cameco Resources leadership team, you will be responsible for managing the finance and accounting functions for the division office, operations and projects in the United States as required.
You will provide leadership to develop and implement standards for financial reporting and controls throughout the Cameco Resources division to support accountability and decision making. You will oversee the activities of budget, cost accounting, financial accounting and reporting, financial planning and fixed asset reporting. You will develop, interpret, coordinate and administer financial policies and procedures.
You will lead a small team of financial professionals to assist with the development of strategic financial goals and budgets for all divisional work locations. In addition, you will coordinate the sharing of information between corporate and divisional offices to ensure systems are being appropriately used, identify issues and assist with resolution to support management reporting processes.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, management or a related field
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in finance or accounting roles
- Understanding and application of financial best practices at diverse operations and locations
- Ability to foster and sustain effective cross-functional working relationships
- Working knowledge of the key Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) audit controls, United States tax codes and financial regulations
- One or more of the following credentials - Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified General Accountant (CGA) or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA).
This position will be based in Cheyenne, Wyoming and some travel maybe required to various Cameco locations. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with the finance and human resources SAP platforms
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.cameco.com/careers . Deadline for applications is October 24, 2013 . Please quote competition number CR13-044.