The Global SAP Competency Director is responsible for the development, implementation and institutionalization of global IT processes and best practices across the SAP organization.
The primary objective is to ensure delivery of SAP services to EAS, EIS, and SAP business clients through effective direction, control and support of the service delivery teams. The role is also responsible for improving overall operational effectiveness, efficiency, and continuous improvement of the SAP landscape/ platform.
Design, implementation and continuous improvement of all support processes (Client Services, Basis, and Security across the IPG SAP environments.
- Dedicated service delivery teams encompass:
- Global Client Services
- Global Basis
- Global Security / Authorizations
Responsible for the ongoing harmonization and improvement of support processes, procedures and standards across the supported templates and locations resulting in greater efficiencies and increased quality of service.
Definition and implementation of appropriate measures and metrics and for managing and reporting on performance against agreed targets (as defined in Service Level Agreements).
Ensuring the appropriate level of resourcing and service performance and for proactive communication with the business user base on all client service related activities.
Dedicated service delivery teams encompass the following locations and SAP templates:
- EMEA Client Services team (London)
- cSAP Tier 2 support – EMEA
- iSAP-EMEA Tier 2, Tier 3 support – EMEA
- Vantage Tier 1 – EMEA
- iSAP-AP Tier 1, Tier 2 – South Africa
- North America Client Services team (Omaha)
- Basis (London, Omaha, and 3 rd party)
- Security (London, New York and Omaha)
- Ensuring effective development and deployment of cross functional SAP processes (e.g. client services, basis, and security, etc), as well as harmonizing processes and procedures across the various SAP templates and locations
- Implementation of operational efficiency toolsets and industry best practices throughout the organization. Driving cross functional process improvement initiatives across the SAP environments
- Ensuring effective integration and co-ordination with other functions within the Global SAP Competency Center organization and the broader IPG SAP environment
- Definition of service level agreements (SLA’s), ensuring the SLA’s are achieved, that service quality and client expectations are met or exceeded as well as cost-effective
- Development / implementation of common processes and tools, SLA tracking and reporting, etc.
- Monitoring of SAP performance and provision of key operational support metrics
- Harmonization of SAP Incident Management and escalation processes including methods and toolsets
- Management of relationships between Level-1 Helpdesk and SAP Client Services groups in different geographies
- Facilitation of Level 2 & 3 support to the business, initiation of escalation processes as required, ensuring ongoing communication throughout the process to keep clients informed
- Identification and initiation of corrective actions related to SAP Basis/Operations Support function as required
- Management of the Global SAP Competency Center teams including career development and staff appraisals
- Serving as primary point of escalation for business issues raised through the Global SAP Competency Center groups
Measurable Impact on the Organization:
- Harmonization of procedures and convergence of ways of working throughout the global SAP organization
- Management of distributed global teams and formation of an effective, integrated global service organization
- Continuous improvement of standards across key functions within the Global SAP Competency Center organization resulting in improved quality of service to the business
- Provision of enhanced service delivery to the existing user base at time of significant change and expansion within the SAP platform (new feature functionality, new locations etc)
- Ensuring sufficient focus on service delivery priorities and development requests given other Program priorities and objectives
- Ensuring continuity of Client Service on existing templates and teams during the transition period to the new model and global deployment of the Vantage solution
This position has a significant impact on the organization through improvement of the quality of SAP service provision to end users and also to other internal customers
- A successful and high-performing Global SAP Competency Center can have a significant positive impact on the end user experience with IPG SAP applications
- Analysis of recurring issues and trends can assist with the identification of potential future systems enhancements and the proactive definition of end-user training and education needs
- An effective service delivery group can also provide; a vital platform for proactive communications with the user base, details of future enhancements and timely and effective information on service management activities
- Improved measurement and monitoring of service activity and performance levels can lead to an improved understanding of cost/quality considerations
This position requires a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience of working on complex IT projects in challenging business environments.
10+ years of IT/IS experience with a minimum of 5+ years management experience and 5+ years ERP (SAP) specific experience
The position demands experience of building collaborative relationships to define and achieve organizational objectives, leading to the efficient and cost-effective usage of resources and optimal delivery of services.
Experience is required in leading cross-functional teams in all aspects of major technology deployments and ongoing support activities. Experience in the management and delivery of performance improvement and monitoring programs, through the effective development and implementation of measurement criteria and process controls, is also critical.
Proven ability to provide IT and project consulting services to internal and external
- Project Management & Co-ordination
- Proven Manager experienced in running SAP operations in a complex business environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Proven successful experience in project initiation and management
Information Security Responsibilities:
Interpublic Group - 17 months ago