1. Under general direction, guides and manages all aspects of the oncology service line development.
2. Collaboratively plans and implements strategic business objectives to ensure operating objectives and results are in accord with overall hospital and radiation oncology center needs.
3. Promotes staff and leadership involvement in planning departmental operational and capital budget with demonstrated expertise in the forecasting and planning process. Advises and makes recommendations to senior leadership team concerning budgeting, cost, and other financial matters.
4. Provides effective leadership in establishing measures of performance including: clinical excellence, increased productivity, market share, quality assessment and improvement, cost controls, and maximum utilization of facilities.
5. Ensures THC maintains accreditation by the ACOS Commission on Cancer.
6. Attends medical staff committee meetings as assigned or requested. Collaborates with physicians to develop positive relationships. Advises senior leadership of proceedings at meetings attended and recommends action as necessary.
7. Represents THC and CMC by membership in related professional and community associations. Supports community projects and agencies.
Direct and indirect contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances, including outpatient and community outreach. Interdisciplinary contact with other health care disciplines/professionals.
Position described as lightly active, requiring walking throughout the Hope Center and/or hospital. Light lifting required, up to 20 pounds and/or carrying objects up to 20 pounds. Working condition designated as inside.
Chief Operating Officer
Hope Center staff including medical physicist, dosimetrist, radiation therapist, nursing, patient navigator, tumor registrar, and administrative support positions.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED
Minimal. Must be able to work independently.
Education: Bachelors required in health related or business field. Masters preferred.
Licensure/Certification: RN with oncology certification preferred, or ARRT with certification in Radiation Therapy
Other: Minimum of 3 -5 years hospital administration or radiation oncology center experience. Oncology Service line leadership required.
Cartersville Medical Center is located just off I-75 (40 miles north of Atlanta and 60 miles south of Chattanooga) in beautiful...