Tiffany & Co. is currently seeking a highly motivated and organized individual for the position of Director – Internal Audit in Parsippany, New Jersey. Reporting to the Vice President - Internal Audit, the Director will work with Internal Audit and Company management to direct the Internal Audit Department's activities including developing a risk-based audit plan, leading and/or providing support to teams in the performance of audits, special projects and compliance activities, building ongoing relationships with various departments and supporting Company-wide initiatives focused on maintaining a strong control environment, leading on-going departmental process improvement initiatives, and coaching and mentoring staff in the department.
- Manage audit teams to ensure that the audit approach focuses on key business risks and processes. Provide expertise and guidance to other Internal Audit management team members as necessary.
- Report findings which clearly articulate the risks and include recommendations which are pragmatic and actionable.
- Manage external vendor relationships (i.e., co-sourcing) as necessary to ensure appropriate expertise and service quality is provided.
- Implement tools which leverage technology to gain efficiency in routine areas such as retail transactional and operational controls.
- Lead teams in assisting external auditors with interim, year-end, and Sarbanes-Oxley assessments.
Investigation and Special Project Accountability
- Lead and/or participate on special projects to provide value-add to the business, enhance management's risk management and/or compliance processes, or improve departmental operations.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation efforts, ensuring investigations are comprehensive, balanced, with objectively presented findings considering broader business implications.
- Lead and/or support various compliance initiatives including Alertline, Business Conduct and FCPA.
- Lead departmental improvement initiatives including Quality Assurance and the identification and implementation of ideas that will improve audit coverage and efficiency.
- Act as a primary internal control and policy/process advisor for the Company.
Risk Assessment/Risk Management
- Support departmental efforts to employ and continually enhance its risk-based audit approach.
- Support Vice President in preparation of Internal Audit and other departmental presentations for Executive Management and the Audit Committee.
- Build and maintain relationships with management across all levels of the Company.
- Assist Vice President in ensuring effective processes are in place to support employee engagement and staff development, and continual evaluation of skill set needs relative to department capabilities.
- Provide guidance to department personnel on career progression including mobility outside of the department.
- Manage the performance of administrative direct reports including completion of annual development plans and performance evaluations.
- Coach and mentor direct reports and team members on assigned audits and projects.
- Provide and/or develop technical training for financial and operational audit staff.
- Support Vice President in the development and management of the annual departmental budget, including internal staffing and external resource requirements.
- Develop resource estimates for assigned audits and projects and manage audits and projects within these estimates.
- 10 to 15 years of public accounting (preferably ‘Big 4’), internal audit or equivalent operational experience in a multinational corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or related Business discipline
- Professional certification of one or more (CPA or equivalent, CIA, CFE, CRMA etc.)
- Proficiency in US GAAP and Institute of Internal Audit standards
- Previous management and team leadership experience
- Organizational savvy/comfortable working with Senior Management
- Excellent understanding of business process, risk and controls evaluation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team oriented environment
- Strong diplomacy skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for achievement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Travel 10 – 20%
- MBA or advanced degree
- Retail, Manufacturing or Consumer Goods industry experience preferred
- Operational finance or business experience is a plus
- Experience of managing, supporting or auditing transformational business projects
- Knowledge of Internal Audit software including work paper documentation tools such as TeamMate
- Knowledge of ACL, Business Objects, or other data analytics tools
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle products (such as JD Edwards, PeopleSoft)
Tiffany & Co. - 7 months ago
Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry and specialty retail stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. Its principal...