Director - Internal Audit Group - Risk Team-13005697
Lead a team to execute audits of risk management processes at American Express company (AXP) and its subsidiaries. Key areas of responsibility include credit risk management, operational risk management, enterprise risk management and BASEL II.
Audits are integrated and consider financial, operational, compliance, and technology risks. The candidate will:
The candidate will be expected to:
- Lead and execute multiple simultaneous audits of the risk management organization. Audits will primarily focus on the design and operating effectiveness of controls related to credit underwriting, risk modeling (including model validation), operational risk management, enterprise risk management, stress testing methodologies, and economic capital computation.
- Quickly develop a strong understanding of axp’s business model, its products, services, and organizational units.
- Identify and calibrate the primary sources of risk, and design effective audit tests to assess the control environment.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets, and timelines. Prior audit experience and skills are desirable, to facilitate appropriate focus on higher-risk areas, enable effective assessment of controls, and delivery of high-quality audit findings.
- Utilize the department’s electronic work papers and other tools.
- Effectively handle larger and more challenging workloads on successive assignments.
- Assist with validation of remediation activities and projects in place to address regulatory gaps. This will involve reviewing applicable regulatory requirements, assessing/ confirming compliance gaps, and evaluating management’s remediation activities to confirm that the regulatory requirements are effectively addressed.
- Effectively teach, coach, and develop team members in all aspects of the audit methodology
- Assume full performance management responsibility for assigned staff
- 8 or more years in the banking industry within an internal audit or risk management function.
- Experience with retail credit underwriting, developing or reviewing credit or operational risk models, and/ or the Basel ii advanced capital adequacy framework desired.
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in finance, economics, or risk management.
- Relevant professional certification (CIA, FRM/ PRM, CPA, MBA, or equivalent).
- Experience executing audits involving regulatory compliance and risk management in relation to financial products and services.
- Ability to effectively integrate business, operational, technological, and financial components in audit work.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to complex control, financial, or technical issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable risk/ control-related feedback on a variety of complex issues to executive and line management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people in a way that inspires, develops, and delivers results
- Ability to travel.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...