Director - Ratings Analytical
Standard & Poor's, a part of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, Standard & Poor's is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions. For more information, visit http://www.standardandpoors.com.
Director - Infrastructure & Renewables Ratings - New York. The Utilities and Infrastructure unit of Standard & Poor's Corporate & Government Ratings division is focused on assigning new ratings and providing surveillance for investor-owned utilities, energy transportation and storage entities, project-financed entities, and public/private infrastructure partnerships that issue public and/or private debt.
The Infrastructure & Renewables team within the Utilities and Infrastructure unit is actively recruiting an Director in our New York City office to analyze and evaluate the credit quality of project finance assets. You will be responsible for preparing internal credit reports for rating committees. Our team assesses the credit quality of a wide variety of standalone assets that include conventional power plants, infrastructure and public/private partnership (P3) structures (including toll roads and other public purpose assets) and renewable projects.
The position requires business risk evaluation and cash flow and financial statement analysis, as well as review of proposed financial structures and credit documentation.
This role also entails meeting with debt issuers, investors, intermediaries and the media. Additional responsibilities include preparing for publication full credit reports, interim reviews, and industry commentary on ratings and industry trends.
MBA or similar advanced degree required
• Credit analysis experience, ideally within the power or infrastructure sector
• Proficiency in financial statement analysis and financial modeling
• Exposure to contract analysis a plus
• Experience in evaluating wholesale power and renewable generation markets
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to influence constituencies
• The ability to work well in geographically distributed teams
• Customer service orientation
• A strong desire to publish research and analysis
• Strong problem solving skills
• The ability to organize, meet deadlines and to multitask
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Do you see what others can't? Come work for Standard & Poor's, the world's premier provider of investment research, market indices, credit ratings, financial data, and fixed income research and analysis. With more than 10,000 employees and offices in nearly two dozen countries, S&P offers you the opportunity to make an impact in nearly every segment of the global financial community, creating the tools, analysis and research needed for investors to make informed investment decisions. Standard & Poor's is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial - 20 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....