Welcome to SapientNitro, where ideas reign supreme. Here, customer experiences are what drive us, game-changing marketing is conceived, awards are won, and technology is at the very heart of bringing our creative ideas to life. There’s no shame in being ambitious here; career growth is a priority for us – we help one another climb, we don’t climb over one-another. Clients aren’t just customers, they’re partners. Integrity and a team-driven environment serve as incubators for entrepreneurial minds. Getting goose bumps? Good. If you’re ready to be an idea engineer with some of the best collaborators in the industry, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
The Director, Technology has high-level responsibility for understanding, planning, and leading the delivery of Technology solutions on client projects. This individual should assume the role of the client’s trusted advisor on technology-related topics including technology strategy. For both clients and project teams, we expect the Director, Technology to frame the business value from technology initiatives and articulate this value to meet the client’s business goals and objectives.
The Director will work with other local Technology leadership within their business unit to mentor, coach and guide Associate through Sr. Manager, Technology people. In performing the essential functions of this role, the work environment is fast-paced, moderately noisy and team-based. Additionally, frequent overnight travel is required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Utilizes OO design principles in creating complex custom software solutions or modifying package solutions. Identifies the limits of the tools being used and recommends. Identifies the design vs. implementation tradeoffs with the tools being used. Owns the design of a module. Translates the impact of design on scalability, performance, etc. into the project. Leads a team of Sapient and client people in business and technical designs of a module. Manages dependencies across other modules
- Translates the client’s business requirements into a component design Challenges business design and creates alternative business design solutions
- Writes bug free code. Strives for a deep understanding and expertise with the tools being used. Sets standards for the team. Coaches Associates, Sr. Associates, Managers, and Sr. Managers, Technology on the team. Identifies problem areas in their module and actively works to fix them
- Promotes the value of project processes and establishes these processes on a new project. Educates and ensures that team follows processes Defines and assesses completeness of work
- Reviews other’s estimates and points out holes. Assesses how project risks will impact estimates
- Mentors other Associates, Sr. Associates, Managers, and Sr. Managers on the team
- Communicates difficult scenarios to the client. Facilitates workshops and meetings with the client
- Participates in extending knowledge of their area of specialization within Sapient. Guides a team in using their area of expertise. Reviews implementation models and recommends pros/cons of different approaches. Participates in accumulating and disseminating specialty Best Practices. Attends marketing shows and events and can evaluate vendors and influence Sapient’s technology investment. Applies vendors application programming model and Sapient’s position on it
- Bachelor’s degree required degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Certification within their area of specialization is required
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in enterprise architecture, systems integration, package implementation, and/or interactive design, and Architecture experience; Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively client accounts and multi-track Sapient teams
- Each track of work might consist of 30 - 60 people through multiple tracks of work through the development life cycle
- Proven mentoring and coaching abilities to ensure effective growth plans of technology members of Sapient teams
- Ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution to cross-industry, complex issues
- Ability to drive complex estimates that take one or more projects into account and to effectively communicate risks and dependencies to client
- Experience in: Integration and development, Package implementation, Interactive Design
SapientNitro SM , part of Sapient®, is an integrated marketing and technology services firm. We create and engineer highly relevant experiences that accelerate business growth and fuel brand advocacy for our clients. By combining multi-channel marketing, multi-channel commerce, and the technology that binds them, we influence customer behavior across the spectrum of content, communication and commerce channels, resulting in deeper, more meaningful relationships between customers and brands. SapientNitro services global leaders such as Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Foot Locker, Singapore Airlines, Target, and Vodafone through our operations in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit www.sapientnitro.com or follow us on Twitter @sapientnitro .
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.
Keywords: Java, J2EE, core java, multi-threading, C#, .NET, WCF, WPF, Silverlight, web services, web development, architecture, design
Sapient - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard