- Stout Risius Ross, Inc. (SRR) seeks a Director for its Valuation & Financial Opinions (VFO) group in New York. In particular, we are seeking an individual with significant expertise in fairness and solvency opinions. Ideally, the candidate will also have provided financial dispute advisory services in M&A or bankruptcy litigation. The Director will participate in the growth of our New York office by expanding existing law firm relationships and cultivating new relationships. He or she will also participate in the management of the firm’s VFO practice through staff recruiting and mentoring, product development, and strategic planning.
- Manage client engagements: Assist Managing Directors with overall client relationship management. Oversee and review financial and industry analysis prepared by junior staff. Work with junior staff to create client presentations and contribute to expert reports. Manage project staffing and engagement budgets and oversee client billing.
- Participate in business development: Identify and coordinate response to new client opportunities. Work with junior staff to create pitch materials. Attend business development meetings with Managing Directors. Cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with leading law firms and in-house counsel. Develop/contribute to thought-leadership.
- Provide guidance and training to junior staff.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced understanding of valuation concepts and financial theory. Substantial experience in reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Experience with credit analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional poise and presence. Ability to interact confidently with client executives, board directors and senior attorneys.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to train and motivate staff.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Working knowledge of CapitalIQ and Bloomberg Law or similar vendor data.
Education and/or Training
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- MBA, with an emphasis in Finance or other Master’s level education in a related academic discipline.
- CFA Charterholder or pursuit thereof, a plus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
**An Equal Opportunity Employer**
Stout Risius Ross is committed to a policy of assuring that all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of qualifications and merit without discrimination based on any protected classification, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, handicap, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Stout Risius Ross - 21 months ago