This person directs all telecommunications activities, primarily for the strategic planning and design of telecommunications systems organization-wide. He/She interfaces with other Enterprise Network & Voice management staff to coordinate telecommunications software, hardware, and systems capabilities including client server architectures. He/She plans and recommends long- and short-range changes to the telecommunications systems and prepares cost estimates for current and proposed telecommunications activities. This person leads the development of short and long term strategies for enterprise voice technologies, creates transformative strategies around call center technologies and prioritizes initiatives for their teams and is able to respond to urgent issues in their specific function without losing focus on longer term deliverables. As a leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range of priorities and manage relationships with other IT departments, all while considering short-term and long-term implications of each decision. The Director may lead internal cross-department IT initiatives and may participate on cross-functional initiatives for Express Scripts. This person focuses much of their time on employee performance management of direct and indirect reports by building on the direct reports strengths and addresses their areas of improvement.|
- Directs a team of managers and/or high-level staff in one or more sites. Works to develop employee skills, evaluates performance, provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues. Identifies process improvements, organizational efficiencies and synergies that can be achieved while bringing two or more teams together.
- Prioritizes requests and activities and develop schedules and workplans for projects/initiatives. Consults with business departments as needed.
- Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management. Acts as liaison between business management and IS to resolve issues and monitor results.
- Ensures quality and service standards are maintained for their function.
- Leads resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their teams contribution to overall reliability.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to leadership. Assists or leads with budget planning and management for their department.
- Works with IT Management team to analyze operations and efficiency of the IT group and recommend process improvements.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven leadership skills in leading high talent teams in local and remote locations.
- 7-10 years experience in people management, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale
- Minimum of 10+ Years IT experience in telecommunications of high volume call centers.
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in telephony and call center domains
- Experience in implementing Genesys and Avaya call center technologies,
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to manage toward budget and work plan goals
- Must have proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and a proactive and optimistic management style
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations and negotiations
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Willingness to travel limited amounts
- 9 months ago - save job