Position: Director Advertising - Enterprise
Location: New York, New York or Palo Alto
Reports to: TBH VP Brand & Advertising
The Director Advertising – Enterprise will be the b2b advertising expert on the team and responsible for the production of the first-ever global enterprise ad campaign. The Director will work closely with the director enterprise media, director brand strategy for enterprise and key senior leaders of the enterprise marketing team to develop platforms for holistically integrated programs.
Marketing and Advertising:
- Help develop and launch a global enterprise advertising campaign in 9 markets over the next 12 months
- Oversee the entire process of campaign planning and implementation: Develop creative strategies, develop the creative brief with other stakeholders, creative execution, and integration of the various campaign components, production, and field implementation.
- Ensure advertising meets or exceed action-standards for breakthrough creative, cost effectiveness, and top-line business results
- Work closely with Enterprise marketing team to build out storytelling assets for customer stories across enterprise solutions
Work closely with enterprise marketing to use the ad campaign as an organizing framework for all programs and campaigns to cascade from
- Collaborate with other Corporate Marketing Functions, i.e. Media, Corporate Communications, Insights, Marketing Communications, and Sponsorships to ensure programs are integrated as impactful as possible
- Foster an internal team and agency culture of creative thinking to ensure the brand is seen as an advertising innovator and creative leader.
- Optimize efficiencies in supplier relationships, process and production.
: Performance and Accountability
- Develop agency benchmarks for performance and hold them accountable. Manage the budgets associated with advertising production and agency partner fees and hold them accountable for agreed-upon performance hurdles.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate is an advertsing executive in a major corporation or a global ad executive in an agency. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving b2b creative excellence and execution.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 10 plus years of broad experience in all aspects of advertising programs. Ideally, experience with senior level position in agency as well as client organizations.
- b2b and specifically technology advertising experience
- Proven advertising leadership within a fully global operating environment, ideally having worked internationally or operated a global marketing operation.
- Strategic eye for an ability to nurture highly impactful and effective creative solutions across media
- Experience managing advertising that impacts budgets of at least $50 million, which includes television, direct marketing, print, interactive as well as outdoor.
- Established track record leading a major brand to support consistent profitable growth, and ability to innovate to maximize the power of a world-class, iconic brand.
- Ability to bring strategic, product, and brand marketing together to create a strategic advantage for the company.
- Understanding of customer and competitor behavior and translating this knowledge into developing and implementing an aggressive and highly successful marketing communications strategy. This will include experience setting and meeting key milestones and communicating these throughout the marketplace and the organization.
- Working with managers, peers, and reports throughout an organization to gain sufficient mindshare and resources to effectively and efficiently drive the business.
- Analyzing markets, competitors, trends, defining strategy and product offerings, and creating and implementing successful advertising plans.
- Operating in an environment where success is dependent upon a well-thought-out, pragmatic approach in conjunction with all the other functions in the company.
- Successfully partnering with key functional areas of the business including sales, product and product development, customer service, and marketing.
- A strong balance of strategic and business acumen, with a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original and innovative thoughts.
- Significant high-level experience working with external agency partners.
- Strong executive presence. Principled and tenacious. A straight-forward, “low ego” communication style and leadership reputation is required.
- The intellectual capacity, presence, credibility and communication skills required to influence others at all levels in within the organization. Must be able to convey an inspiring message in large group and individual settings.
- A true team player working with a team on high quality experienced individuals.
- Balanced leadership style that allows for both hands-on and strategic leadership skills, with the ability to lead by example.
- Ability to work well in a complex multi-tasking environment with aggressive time constraints.
- Ability to work through multiple distribution channels.
- Demonstrated impact and influencing skills with a high degree of confidence in selling to and influencing internal constituents.
- Noted as both exceptionally hard driving, but also diplomatic and principled.
- Undergraduate degree and graduate degree preferred.
United States-New York
United States-California-Palo Alto
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 21 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...