Director, Brand Management, Worth
Sports Marketing Managers
Sr. Vice President, Marketing
Position provides the overall global brand strategies for assigned JTS brand Worth. Works closely in matrix environment with Business Unit Leaders, Product Managers, Sales Team, and Creative Department as well as other internal and external partners to achieve business objectives for each brand. Provides guidance for Sports Marketing Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overall Brand Strategy
- Works with Marketing SVP and Creative Director to develop overall brand strategy for brand.
- Develops and communicates marketing plans to the marketing and sales teams among the following areas: advertising/media, cataloguer, digital, grassroots, PR, promotion, cause, social and loyalty marketing.
- Develops the Media plans and mix, including traditional advertising, digital media, social engagements, and other emerging opportunities.
- Provides strategic direction to Creative Director for all marketing initiatives.
- Develops copy for all marketing materials, including print advertisements, online content and sales collateral.
Digital (includes Mobile smartphone, tablet, etc.)
- Serves as the marketing lead with key catalog accounts e.g., BB Express Softball Sales and Eastbay (or other brand specific accounts) and Direct.
- Develops opportunities to enhance presence in online and print channels with these cataloguers.
- Leads the creative team and product marketing teams to maximize exposure.
- Communicates all efforts with the sales, marketing and other departments.
- Develops marketing strategy for websites and e-mail programs.
- Collaborates with Creative team for look and feel of websites and agency/internal developers for content.
- Writes all copy for assigned brand websites.
- Leads efforts to extend positioning within cataloguer and other strategic partners¿ websites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Manages internal and external PR efforts.
- Leads establishment of programs which reinforce the brands among professional and amateur sports organizations, key accounts, and consumers.
- Mentors the brand team to maximize success of each promotion.
- BS in Marketing or related business field; MBA preferred
- 7-10 years experience in Marketing; agency experience or sporting goods brand preferred
- Prior applicable experience in e-commerce/digital marketing
- Prior experience in supervising and mentoring other professionals
- Roll up your sleeves attitude; hands-on, take action mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working in a matrix work environment
- Prior collegiate athletic sports participation -specfically softball
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, ability to write advertising, reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must have proven exceptional written presentation and verbal communication skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands requiring finger dexterity, and handling or working with equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Employee will be required to hear telephone.
General office working conditions with moderate travel.
There are minimal safety hazards.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Position may be required to perform other duties as needed.
Jarden Corporation - 2 years ago
More than 100 brands of consumer products for inside and outside the home make Jarden beam. It makes a variety of branded consumer products,...