Major activities include but are not limited to: identifying, qualifying, and maturing business opportunities in the Navy aviation maintenance market. Incumbent has extensive experience in and knowledge of Department of the Navy acquisition methodologies. Incumbent has advanced mastery of Navy regulations concerning aviation relating to but not limited to: aviation maintenance, logistics, general material and equipment support, etc.
Directs business development efforts to secure new and re-compete business in the Navy markets. Oversees the identification, qualification, and preliminary strategy development of pursuit opportunities in the following market segments:
- Contractor Logistics Support (CLS)
- Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply (COMBS)
- Other emerging and existing market segments as directed
1.Ability to interact effectively with all elements of government and military personnel in order to discuss and initiate aviation maintenance solutions or initiatives with a definite focus on increasing sales.
2.Be professional, well spoken, and able to communicate effectively with both Vertex Logistics Solutions management on our marketing strategies, goals and objectives, as well as effectively communicate with the highest-levels of Department of Defense personnel in meetings or presentations in order to generate interest or create "champions" of our products within our customer base.
3.Must have a good grasp of the Defense acquisition, especially in the Navy market, and military equipment product development aspects of the Defense business in order to apply these effectively to our sales goals and objectives.
4.Ability to work effectively with VLS Program Management department to develop new offerings and improve existing offerings as desired or required by our Navy customers.
5.Willing to travel extensively to market actively our products and capabilities to all elements of the government and military, including representing VLS at trade shows, establishing direct customer meetings, serve on government/industry committees, panels, joint government-industry study groups and task forces.
6.Ability to develop and execute an effective and comprehensive business plan.
**Advanced skills with Microsoft PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, business administration or other related field
- MBA or other applicable masters' degree desired
- Twelve (12) years or more of business development, marketing, capture management, proposals and/or sales experience, preferably with government or DOD customer
- Previous experience with a good knowledge of Navy government acquisition process
- Willing to travel frequently - primarily domestic, some international travel possible
- Ability to maintain Secret Clearance
- Extensive leadership and project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a strong learning orientation
- Previous military or Department of Defense experience
- Familiarity with directives on aviation maintenance and readiness
- Previous experience with government bid proposal development and contracts
US Security Clearance Required
- Moderate skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and SharePoint
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Vertex Aerospace LLC
L-3 Communications - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...