Director Case Management
Job Title Director Case Management Job ID 2012-7826
# Positions 1 Job Location US-NY-Middletown
Posted Date 11/6/2012 Category Leadership
Shift Type 1 - Day If Other - Shift Slot ..
FTE 1 Normal Working Schedule Days. Monday - Friday.
Campus Orange Regional Medical Center
At Orange Regional Medical Center, you'll find the uncommon is common here. You'll find a healthcare leader that still maintains a sense of intimacy and a state-of-the-art facility with a tremendous sense of community. You'll find the benefits you deserve with the rewards you can see. You'll find the advancement, flexibility and resources to advance your career and provide the care that your patients need. Orange Regional Medical Center - successful careers are common here. Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC), is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. Formed by the merger of Arden Hill Hospital and Horton Medical Center, Orange Regional is licensed for 383 beds and employs over 2,500 healthcare professionals including over 600 doctors. Orange Regional Medical Center has consolidated two existing campuses onto a single site in Middletown, New York. This completed facility is the first new freestanding hospital built in the State of New York since 1989 and is the largest medical center between the Tappan Zee Bridge and Albany.
Excellent leadership opportunity for a seasoned Director to work in Orange Regional Medical Center’s beautiful, newly constructed, 383 bed acute care hospital, in scenic Orange County NY.
Directs the day to day operation of the Case Management Department. Responsible for all coordination of care, utilization review, social work and discharge planning activities within assigned operating unit. Proven track record in management, measurement and continuous performance improvement of LOS, status management , resource utilization, and denial prevention/management and Clinical Documentation Program in a major Medical Center. Works directly and collaboratively with all key customers to develop and maintain optimal processes and procedures to assure excellent level of service. Designs and implements staffing plans and assignments based on productivity and business needs. Has authority for hiring, staffing and evaluation of staff. Overall accountability for productivity of staff. Serves as a key leader in supporting and assuring hospital and medical staff compliance with TJC, federal, state, and other regulatory requirements. In addition, director is responsible for the day to day operations of the Clinical Documentation Program.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Case Management and Clinical Documentation Improvement.
- Oversees all case management duties and assures appropriate staff coverage, including care coordination, social work services, utilization review activities, and assists with adherence to evidence-based standards and patient safety goals.
- Develops and effectively uses measurable standards to monitor and evaluate quality, cost-effective utilization of resources in the delivery of care.
- Compiles reports, analyzes data, and identifies trends in medical utilization data, such as LOS, re-admissions, denials, and clinical outcomes.
- Designs, plans and implements the staff orientation programs. Identifies on-going educational needs and opportunities for staff, based on the requirements of their positions and specific needs of the individual.
- Responsible for hiring, firing and evaluation process.
- Identifies new areas/opportunities for improvement within assigned operating unit.
- Assists operating unit leadership in setting and modifying LOS and cost-per-case targets.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Staffs and nursing leadership to assure optimum achievement of case management targets.
- Responsible for system-wide meetings to initiate and participate in strategic planning and management of payer activity within the operating unit.
- Assists the Vice President Medical Affairs in operations and planning.
- Develops and administers operating unit Case Management budget.
- Prepares and distributes monthly reports on productivity and case management targets.
- Assists operating unit leadership in interpreting monthly reports.
- Develops plans for corrective action in areas identified for improvement.
- Works collaboratively with Quality Consultants to assure optimal collection and use of case management and quality outcomes data.
- Oversees the maintenance of case management database and use of case management software
- MSW or BSN required. Master’s preferred.
- Five years experience in an acute care hospital with at least 2-3 years of management experience – preferably in case management
- Strong current working knowledge of case management, utilization patient, care progression required.
- Demonstrated effective working relationship with physicians
- Ability to work collaboratively with health care professionals at all levels to achieve established goals and improve quality outcomes.
- Knowledge of leading practice in clinical care and payer requirements.
- Self-motivated, proven communications skills.
- Working knowledge of the concepts associated with performance improvement.
Days. Monday - Friday. - 16 months ago