TITLE: Healthcare Education Director / Director of Education & Training
As the Education and Training Director, you ensure the clinical training and education of the nursing and healthcare staff, as well as new employees. The Education and Training Director will also be proactive in developing and maintaining the clinical competencies of our nursing staff. I f you have the vision and desire to improve today’s ever-changing healthcare environment, continue your career with Extendicare!
· Assess the learning needs of the staff through direct observation, formal learning assessments and through review of quality improvement and program evaluation
· Ensure each department has the required education for long-term care as required by law and Extendicare policy
· Plan and deliver mandatory, voluntary and identified needs in-service for all departments
· Maintain all in-service records for facility staff
· Measure the impact of programs and learning activities on staff
· Participate in Interdisciplinary Plan of Care
· Coordinate the use of educational equipment and resources
· Share “on-call” status with other facility nursing managers
We will give you the tools you need to succeed as our Education and Training Director. We are seeking a registered nurse who will use his or her previous nursing and healthcare experience to ensure the proper education and training of our staff. Requirements include:
· Registered Nurse license ( RN)
· Prior experience in training or education is preferred
· Previous experience as a registered nurse and working knowledge of nursing processes, preferably in long-term care
· Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
· Ability to provide constructive criticism to nursing staff and to identify opportunities for professional development
· Highly organized with solid record-keeping ability
· CPR certification
· Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
In addition to providing our employees with the tools necessary for development and success, we offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package.
· 401 ( k) and matching contributions
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· STD/LTD and life insurance
· Paid time off – personal, sick, vacation and holiday
· Employee-assistance program – employees and dependents
Career Growth – Extendicare regularly promotes from within. Our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions.
Support and Resources – Assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to ensure your success.
Training – We invest in you! Training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development.
Great people are our greatest strength! APPLY now!
Extendicare - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard