Curtiss-Wright Controls, Defense Solutions is shaping the future with latest generation rugged real-time embedded computing products and services for a variety of mission critical applications on today’s most advanced military platforms.
Our Team is growing … Consider a rewarding, fast paced environment where you will work with some of the most talented leaders in the real-time defense industry …
As Director Engineering, the expectation will be to deliver on engineering milestones, actively interface with operations on new product introduction, maximize yield across all product lines while driving cross-site efficiencies between multiple sites. The successful incumbent will have direct accountability for the management of product & technology development including owning engineering and R & D budgets and posses the interpersonal savvy to interface with key customers to support pre and post product delivery related to product and services road maps.
• Provide Engineering leadership on all aspects of board product development for the Ashburn site including: Hardware Development, Software / Firmware Development, Mechanical Development
• Oversee and coordinate multiple product development teams
• Collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales, Operations, and executive team to develop a strategic product road maps for new products
• Deliver committed products to Manufacturing on schedules established at the Preliminary Design Review with high quality
• Manage the engineering product development team in compliance with AS9100
• Establish and manage department / cost center budgets to plan
• Conceptualize and drive product developments in a structured project management environment
• Manage key customers as required for technical support / issue management
• Drive issues to closure efficiently with high customer satisfaction
• Infuse new technology, processes and tools as required to provide continuous improvement in key operational metrics
• Oversee cross-site development activities
• Drive to maintain a high performance work culture by providing leadership to the team through performance planning & assessment, coaching and resolution of escalated issues
• Administer company policies while maintaining positive employer/employee relations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 10 years of hands-on hardware/FPGA and software development background related to embedded systems, multiprocessing systems experience preferred; 5+ years at the management level
• Strong communication, motivational and mentoring skills in developing and maintaining a high performance environment
• Experience with developing product for ruggedized environments
• Strong technical project management skills utilizing advanced tools and methodologies
• Must have experience in developing product within ISO9001 or AS9100 quality programs
• Very strong problem analysis and solution skills in dealing with complex technical issues
• Clear understanding of financial systems
• Ability to evaluate risk and make timely decisions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Motivated. Takes initiative, Sense of Ownership, Passion, Positive attitude
Minimum Education requirements:
• Bachelors of Engineering or Science (or equivalent)
• Master’s degree preferred
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...