Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and documentation of the Accounting System of Internal Control
- Plans, coordinates, and executes an efficient accounting and financial reporting system which provides data, as directed by the Parent Company, to the Parent Company for purposes of internal and external Financial Reporting as required by, among other Regulatory Bodies, The Securities and Exchange Commission (including requirements under Sarbanes-Oxley), the Internal Revenue Service
- Responsible for all regulatory compliance related to Accounting System of Internal Controls as required by, among other agencies and governing bodies
- Creates and maintains a periodic, quality internal reporting process to be used by Company Management for purposes of analyzing results of operations and making business and operating decisions about the direction of the Company
- Brings plans for operating efficiency to the attention of Management and assists in implementation of developed processes
- Responsible for the annual Company Budget and Capital Plan, inclusive of planning, executing and reporting on the variances from actual operating results.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a qualified staff that has the capabilities of executing the required actions necessary for complying with all Financial Reporting and Accounting Internal Controls as outlined by the Company
- Continuously maintain knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations as promulgated by, among other governing bodies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Revenue for the state jurisdiction and State Gaming Control Board
- Supervises five direct reports while maintaining the system of Accounting and Internal Controls for purposes of safeguarding the assets of the Company. This position will oversee General Accounting, Casino Accounting, Purchasing, Warehouse, Budget and Analysis.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university; MBA required
- Must have seven years of experience in the area of finance which pertains to Accounting, Audit, Planning & Analysis and/or Operations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
- Must qualify for a license and meet any credentialing requirements of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- It’s preferred this person be a Certified Public Accountant
- You should be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, and community members
- You must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and manuals
- The ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and guests
- Must have the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to internal and external audiences
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret various metrics, financial reports, and legal documents
- This person needs to have the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Must be highly skilled in communicating via written and verbal formats
- It’s important to be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- You must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Must be capable of operating in a highly confidential environment
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to deal with a variety of situations
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 15 months ago