We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Global Test Organization (GTO) is the global partner of choice for all EA development and dev QA teams, delivering Quality Assurance processes that ensure consistently high quality products for EA’s customers, on schedule and at the lowest reasonable cost .
The North American Director of GTO is responsible for managing and maintaining the Quality Assurance Process for all EA products tested in any of the north american test centers (Baton Rouge and Montreal), on all platforms (PC, consoles, handhelds and mobiles). This is a high profile role for which you will need a strong understanding of the QA process and EA’s business; you will strive to ensure that GTO is regarded as the “partner of choice” for all QA services across portfolio of influence. You will be required to partner with Sr leaders within CDS WWQA and GTO to develop a “world class” QA organization and drive strategic transformation of the QA processes and services to anticipate future business needs.
The charter of this position is to ensure that every game project in the portfolio of responsibility is completed successfully and delivers industry leading results in terms of product quality, efficiency, innovation and cost.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the GTO to key game team partners (Dev QA or Development);
- Directly manage the test centers’ QA Management Teams, a geographically distributed team made up of permanent and contract QA staff. Able to travel often between the managed locations, providing support and guidance to local managers.
- Ensure that the organization provides a high level of QA services, responding to the demands raised by the key stakeholders.
- Responsible for scheduling, staffing plans and QA budget for the assigned portfolio of locations.
- Act as point of escalation when waivers to standing processes and procedures are necessary. Liaise with Director of GTO to secure locations, department and business approvals.
- Implement new QA services, structures and staffing levels.
- In partnership with senior leaders of WWQA, ensure the collective activities of QA Groups support the goal of reaching EA’s business targets.
- Increase maturity and standardization across the QA organization in the areas of process, communication, defect prevention and overall effectiveness in supporting the Development Process.
- Sponsor for continuous improvement initiatives to drive the evolution of the WWQA organization in anticipation of future business needs.
Skills, Experience Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum 5 years of management experience in a software development environment; MBA or related post graduate degree of a reputable university highly desirable.
- Proven expertise in the field of Quality Assurance management, managing large geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams.
- Leadership and adaptability when facing unique political challenges.
- High energy and a passion for Quality with a head for business.
- Responsive, results-oriented nature with high energy level and drive.
- Very strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills.
- Very strong influencing and partnering skills.
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management.
- Track record of managing work to achieve milestones on time and within budget in a high-pressure environment.
- Analytical, flexible, team-oriented, with good interpersonal and follow up skills and strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Tenacity, willingness to succeed and total commitment to the business.
- Games industry experience;
- Proven expertise managing large QA teams across multiple platforms and game types;
- Experience with game console certifications, as required by Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Apple or Google
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists,...