Join the American Heart Association and take your career on a Mission - to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
The Founders Affiliate of the American Heart Association is recruiting to fill a Director Quality Improvement Initiatives position in our Robbinsville, NJ office. Under the direction of the Senior Regional Director QII, the Director is responsible for implementing our Get With The Guidelines hospital based quality improvement program & Mission Lifeline Program in New Jersey hospitals.
Please review the experience section below to see if you meet the qualifications for this position.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage relationships with hospitals and key stake holders with regards to quality improvement.
- Implement our “Get With The Guidelines” hospital based quality improvement program and Mission: Lifeline program in area hospitals.
- Work with hospital teams (MDs, RNs, QI staff) on quality improvement initiatives specifically with regards to heart disease and stroke.
- Manage hospital account activities and engage the medical community with regards to the program (conduct workshops, teleconferences etc.).
- Work with state health departments, quality improvement organizations, health plans and other agencies to ensure that our quality improvement initiatives are key priorities within their organizations.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do! Benefits include comprehensive health benefits, retirement plan with generous employer contributions, 12 paid holidays per year, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and a Start! Fit-Friendly work environment.
To apply for this position or to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association please visit www.heart.org/careers. We no longer accept mailed, faxed or e-mailed resumes. Please apply for positions directly through our website. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
The American Heart Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and works to prohibit discrimination and to assure fair and uniform treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of Human Resources administration without regard to political or religious opinions or affiliations, membership or non-membership in employee organizations, age, sex, disability, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status or any other non-merit factor.
Non-smoking environment - EOE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of heart disease and/or stroke a plus.
- 2 years professional experience in managing and building relationships preferred
- Results driven with the ability to multi task
- Able and willing to travel in required territory at least 50% of the time with some overnight travel.
- Ability to lift 20lbs from ground to waist level
- Satisfactory background checks.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, Science or Health Care from an accredited university, Master’s preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
Experience: Must have at least 2 years of experience in healthcare: clinical or quality improvement. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
American Heart Association - 2 years ago
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both among...