Provide leadership and coordination to the Web Systems and Software Distribution teams within the Business Technology team. Assist the team in setting task priorities based on business impacts and organizational priorities. Lead the team in the establishment of processes to ensure the successful implementation of new systems, applications, web sites, desktop operating environments along with maintaining and enhance reliability of those systems while serving in a player/coach role to assist with overall team workload. Lead team in the coordination efforts with other teams to effectively serve customers and ensures effective configuration management across the entire information technology enterprise.
SUPERVISES : Software Distribution Engineer(s), Web System Engineer(s)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. LEADERSHIP: Primary responsibility is to provide team leadership to the Web Systems and Software Distribution Teams. Instills a participative work team environment and develops the team and individuals through coaching, training, as well as ongoing performance feedback. Provides appropriate human resource management and development. Represents and communicates the values and mission of the association to employees, customers and other target audiences. Leads by challenging the process, inspiring a shared association vision, enabling team members to act, modeling the way and encouraging the heart.
2. Lead the team in serving internal and external customers by ensuring efficient and reliable administration and operations of systems and applications. Lead and encourage the team in achieving efficiencies through development and implementation of automated processes for system setups, monitoring, patching, updating, administration and overall application management.
3. Lead the team in serving as a second level of technical support, taking responsibility for and addressing application systems issues that require more in-depth analysis or corrective action than the primary Technical Support team can provide. This would include efforts concerning fact-finding, analyzing data and developing solutions for open-systems problem-solving using established procedures and resources. Provide counsel to users about deficiencies in programs and determines corrective actions
4. Provide leadership to the web systems team members in the development, security and maintenance of our web-infrastructure, including internet and intranet sites
5. Provide leadership to the PC integration specialists, ensuring unique software and/or full image deployments are executed in conjunction with the software license procurement protocol.
6. Provide leadership to the configuration management specialist, ensuring the role coordinates hardware, software, and environment configurations along with being responsible for the configuration management database and IT disaster recovery coordination.
7. Ensures that technical skills are kept up to date in order to provide the most efficient implementation of Infrastructure equipment, recommends the use of current technologies to supervisor.
8. Actively participates on assigned team projects fulfilling task assignments, meeting deadlines, and proactively seeking attainment of team goals.
9. Represents and communicates the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field. At least five years of experience supporting computer systems, including desktops, laptops, servers or other types of equipment and working with websites, SharePoint, or other web based systems
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.