The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Advancement/Assistant Dean for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The Director of Advancement/Assistant Dean is the chief advancement officer for the College, responsible for all activities related to private support from alumni, friends, corporations and foundations.
The Director/Assistant Dean collaborates in building alumni relationships and communicating the College’s mission, vision, and achievements to key constituencies. The Director provides counsel to the Dean of the College and other faculty and staff on fundraising matters and reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the largest college at UIC and offers programs in the humanities, social sciences and the natural sciences that enhance the educational quality and depth of all undergraduate colleges on campus. More than 350 tenure track faculty teach the College’s approximately 10,000 undergraduate and 1,300 graduate students.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the liberal arts and sciences
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a large and complex College
- Outstanding record of achieving performance and fundraising goals
- Prior experience successfully managing a fundraising staff and program
- Minimum of seven years of fundraising success
- A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Membership in professional associations and the CFRE or similar credentials are desirable.
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -