The Director of Application Development Business Intelligence (BI) will be responsible for the overall performance of the Application Development team for a product center within a business division of CBS. The Director will supervise development staff in all activities relating to development projects, including resource management, overall project planning and tracking, budget planning and tracking as well as delivery of systems solutions supporting the business community. The focus of this role will be supporting Business Intelligence initiatives for the enterprise solution delivery team. |
This position requires in-depth analysis and design of BI applications & Reporting. The Director should have a detailed understanding of, and experience with, gathering requirements, analyzing, defining and designing Data Warehouse/BI applications. The Director must possess an ability to identify and resolve performance issues with Data warehouse/BI applications reporting. Strong communication and collaborative skills are required, including the ability to work well with users and upper management. The Director should be an accomplished project and business thought leader who appreciates an environment that fosters a collegial and team-oriented mentality, where individuals are expected to work together to fulfill common goals and objectives. The person successful in this role will be dedicated to Project Management and will be prepared to devote the necessary time and resources to see projects through to successful conclusions in a timely manner.
• Plan and implement the overall analytics and Business Intelligence strategy
• Lead the design and development of analytical projects designed to understand key business objectives
• Discover new opportunities to optimize the business through analytics and statistical modeling
• Partner with the Technology teams to deliver a stable and highly available reporting platform
• Work with business owners to identify information needs and develop reporting; primary partners include the management team, finance & accounting, marketing, and operations
• Oversee all aspects of analytics and Business Intelligence projects
• Develop and maintain reporting and analytical tools, including COGNOS and Business Objects
• Develop KPI dashboards
• Hire, train, and supervise Analytics team and ensure that team meets the reporting and analytical needs of the business users
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in systems projects and implementation with at least five (5) years in management.
• Experienced in managing a staff of at least five (5) resources.
• Strong experience in Business Intelligence Tools, i.e. COGNOS or Business Objects.
• Building and managing departmental and project budgets.
• Project planning and tracking with an industry standard SDLC background is a plus.
• Previous experience working with consulting companies and software vendors.
• Strong leadership skills. The Director will need to act as a resource for senior management as well as peers, to maintain up-to-date control of projects. A self-starter who is able to quickly take control of this organization, achieve consensus of subordinates, peers and clients, and be viewed as a service provider to clients.
• Ability to effectively articulate a customer strategy and direction that supports the goals of the client organization.
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills and the ability to confidently interact with senior management.
• Ability to attract and retain quality people to the organization and develop these individuals into a cohesive team.
• Ability to comfortably and effectively interface with multiple leadership levels, including first-line technical and business managers through division senior officers and corporate officers.
Previous business experience in at least one of the following functional areas:
• Accounts Receivables
• Sales and Traffic (in a media advertising environment)
• Human Resources
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in system analysis, programming, project implementations and technical management.
• Cable, Broadcast Network, Entertainment/Television Media Experience.
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
CBS Corporation - 20 months ago