From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before. At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve. Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the Billing Centers in accordance with all company philosophies, strategies, goals, objectives, principles and procedures. This individual is responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes across multiple markets. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the department.
- Oversee the streamlining of billing processes.
- Work with the Billing Managers to plan and implement quality assurance for all processes.
- Assist with the implementation of a new billing system
- Daily coaching and metric review with Billing Managers and Supervisors.
- Coach and develop management team to achieve individual and marketplace collection rates including: revenue, cash, net APC, operating profit, and expense goals and objectives.
- Responsible for monthly performance reporting.
- M onitor and manage key performance indicators and data.
- Recommend both short- and long-term strategies to VP of Revenue Cycle Management.
- Remain informed of relevant economic conditions and situations and make recommendation to the VP of Revenue Cycle Management.
- Attend key strategy, budget, and executive meetings as required.
- Support corporate initiatives.
Profit & Loss Objectives
- Operate to meet or exceed expense objectives.
- Maintain ideal staffing within Southwest/West Billing Departments to control overtime and payroll.
- Accountable for fiscal management of Southwest/West Billing Centers.
Strategic Planning and Development
- Create a culture that provides exceptional service at all levels.
- C reate an environment to ensure Rural/Metro is the employer of choice.
- Maintain an in-depth and complete knowledge of Payer activity and Compliance matters.
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds people accountable for results.
- Requires weekly status reports from direct reports.
- Ensure ideal staffing within the Southwest/West Billing Centers.
- Work with HR to ensure that positions are filled quickly and that quality candidates are hired and retained.
- W ork with Zone Human Resource Manager to identify training locations, interview candidates, and train new employees.
- Provide direction to direct reports to initiate appropriate levels of training, and to promote an environment consistent with Rural/Metro culture throughout assigned Billing Centers.
- Manages employees both directly and indirectly.
- Maintains positive leadership, gives frequent performance feedback, conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings, encourages two-way participation and ideas.
- Shares lessons learned and best practices.
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
- Inspect for proper documentation of medical necessity required forms daily.
- Develop an improvement plan for compliance/audit issues identified.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Conducts at least one quarterly review of all procedures related to billing/compliance functions and submits summary documents to the Manager.
- Ensure that Rural/Metro Hotline Posters are displayed in multiple conspicuous areas of each operation.
- Ensure each operation is physically secure with limited entry/exits.
- Ensure PHI information/documents are properly stored and secured.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period. Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by VP of Revenue Cycle Management.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or business with ten years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years management experience.
- Industry experience a plus.
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department.
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems.
- Proven ability to develop annual operating plans with clearly defined objectives and target markets.
- Proven and consistent track record for meeting and exceeding P&L targets. Able to deliver on plan and achieve goals.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports.
- Target-oriented and result-focused management style.
- Possess entrepreneurial qualities including the ability to motivate and mobilize a field team.
- High energy level and high degree of self-motivation.
- Display a sense of urgency and be an effective strategic planner.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit high degree of social, ethical, and organizational norms.
- Ability to maintaining a stable disposition despite external pressure and opposition.
- Demonstrate an open managerial style and positive attitude that impacts others in a positive way
- Ability to quickly identify the central or underlying issues in a complex situation.
- A working knowledge of MS Office.
- Travel frequently
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.