UALR Functional Title
Director of Business Management / R99003
The Project Program Specialist position is responsible for a wide range of business management activities including supervision of accounting and central stores, establishing and monitoring operating and capital construction budgets, establishing and maintaining methods of finance and professional consulting services contracts. The Project Program Specialist serves as the Facilities Management Director / Business Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as liaison with the UALR budget office to establish, coordinate, and maintain Facilities Management departmental operating budgets.
- Works with other Facilities Management Directors to establish, coordinate and maintain departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Supervises the Facilities management accounting office and central stores and in the absence of the Associate Vice Chancellor provides guidance and direction to the departmental personnel coordinator.
- Prepares spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc. to assist the Associate Vice Chancellor in monitoring utility costs, productivity, capital project budgets and associated functions.
- Manages and oversees procurement services programs including gasoline purchasing cards, and credit card purchases.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Associate Vice Chancellor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to collect and analyze data from multiple sources and to provide management information in the form of spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and narratives.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize Banner information system.
- Significant interpersonal skills required in order to interface with a diverse organization and at all levels of administration.
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply standard accounting principles.
Required Education and/or Experience
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management or a related field; plus at least 3 years of experience in accounting or business management. Experience with Banner information system.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Experience working in a College or University environment; experience working in a Physical Plant, Facilities Management or similar environment; experience supervising a small accounting staff; and an MBA or similar graduate degree is desirable.
Background Check Requirements
01 - Criminal/Financial
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Occasionally, Walking - Moderate Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -