The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: Director of Clinical Education
Budget Title: TH Assistant Director of Nursing
State Professional Position
Department: Clinical Education
State Line#: 15239
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Current NYS RN Licensure, Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or related field. Minimum five years post-licensure in nursing with progressive leadership responsibilities. Form and informal teaching experience in a hospital or school of nursing program.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with regulatory agencies.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Directs, controls, maintains and evaluates the clinical operations for the department of clinical education.
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation or orientation, skill training, in-service and continuing education programs for the professional and ancillary nursing staff.
- Provides direct supervision to the professional and clerical staff assigned to the Department of Clinical Education.
- Assures fiduciary responsibility of the department.
- Acts as a departmental representative for initiatives related to the division and hospital strategic plan.
- Directs department strategic plan in concert with the division's goals.
- Plans for nursing services initiatives with other health care disciplines.
- Conducts an annual evaluation for department specific nursing strategic plan.
Special Notes: Full-time day position 830am-5pm. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University
- 2 years ago - save job